1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had to think really fast, and turn my K5 GixxerLiter Bike into a Supermoto...

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jun 8, 2019.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

How big of a policy are we looking to get?

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I think we could get more money if he was going that fast on a 600.

3. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

We are gonna need enough to send us all over for the TT

Yzasserina and Mot Okstef like this.
  4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Not trying to ruffle feathers. If you want to be an idiot and put yourself in a bad situation as an adult, who am I to tell you otherwise??? It's your choice, riding a motorcycle is one of a 1000 things that every safety advocate will say is dangerous. It is, thats why its fun. And for the guys saying a out of control motorcycle kills families and innocent people??? Statistics don't lie

5. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I can tell you're a city type. Farmers have at least as much right-of-way as pedestrians in WI. Most don't signal turns, some don't even look...it's your responsibility to avoid them. That's not BS. A friend wrecked into a tractor that turned left as he was passing, guy never looked. Besides his bike being totalled and all of his injuries, he was ticketed for not giving right-of-way.

As others said, it's very likely he needed every bit of that roadway to pull his equipment onto the roadway without dragging it through the ditch. Even if he saw you, he would never have expected you to get there in 1/3 the time that he guessed.

Gorilla George and R Acree like this.
  6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Hah! Biggest one they got.

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Its a good thing you're a cook and not a statistician.

badmoon692008, RRP, 418 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Captain Morgan

ok, show the info then, because the only thing I could find is motorcycle riders on average are 15-35% more likely to die in an accident compared to a car driver. It's not a normal thing for a motorcyclist to crash in a car or person and cause damage. Usually just one dead or seriously injured rider

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It really is a good thing you have lived your life only for yourself.

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

Self righteousness is awesome.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh yay, the peanut gallery responds. I have had friends ticketed and assaulted because of the actions of riders that DGAF. Like it or not, what you do has an impact on others. It isn't self righteousness, it is common sense...oh wait...never mind...I almost forgot who I was responding to.

Scotty87 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Again, thanks for the lecture. I’m pretty sure I’ve logged more miles on a motorcycle in the dirt, on the street and on the track. You seem to think that it’s only unique to yourself. You certainly put the peanut in the peanut gallery on just about every other thread with your smart-ass replies but now you take issue. Its the definition of self righteousness. Sorry to bug you gramps. Thanks for the lecture.

13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

So was today was your scheduled day to fall on that proverbial sword? :Poke:

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

:stupid:

Yzasserina likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sure thing Poindexter.

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

17. Captain Morgan

No need to get in little quarrels on here. Most of us just want to have fun, but I'm not any ones dad and won't tell any adult that chooses to take a risk, not to do it. It's their choice to put them self in the situation. nothing more or less, its been happening a long time, now just have hyper sensitive people who seem to worry a lot about what other people that they have never meet do

Scotty87 and Bruce like this.
  18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

In this particular case, his choice also put the farmer at risk. Before you dismiss this notion out of hand, why don't you compute the kinetic energy of a 600 pound projectile travelling at 150 mph? If I wanted to have a little fun shooting a rifle on a country road, would that be okay? There is a time and a place for every thing.

19. Captain Morgan

did it happen? No, if thats the case of worrying about what could happen??, I would always be scared shitless driving on 95 with 16 teen year old girls driving texting and live chatting

20. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

did it happen? No, if that's the case of worrying about what could happen??,