1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does my dog poop on the deck?

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

We've got a Sheltie that would rather drop a load in the driveway or out in the road instead of the yard. Other 3 dogs have no issues leaving land mines in the yard...

pjzocc likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because he doesn't have a fort to shit in.

Sabre699 and pjzocc like this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Even more curious than the OP’s question, why does a dog spend 10 minutes with her nose to the ground wandering around the yard to find the perfect spot to squeeze out a dooker?

Phl218 likes this.
  4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

My only way to relate is sometimes I poop upstairs and sometimes I poop downstairs depending on how the mood strikes me.

If we have company, I poop down as such to share my delight with our guests. Best I can compare.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I never had a tree fort as a kid. Maybe I should build one for Troy?

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you really cared, you would.

8. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

At least you don't have to worry about picking it up before you mow.

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Our old boxer always shat into the far left corner in the yard.
    Sometimes she got led there under an umbrella, after her waiting for the rain to pass all day.

Young boxer don’t care about the weather and shits everywhere in the yard, but always distant from human installations.

You need a deck rug that tickles him more than grass or something really slick

pjzocc likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the nose to the ground is just checking out who/what has been in the yard. The rest is just walking out the poop. Given they're better than we are at holding it they sometimes need a bit of motion and time to get things moving properly again :D

pjzocc likes this.
  11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This place is truly an island unto itself...

ducnut, pjzocc, Sabre699 and 2 others like this.
  12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My Fox Terrier does the same. If there's snow on the deck, play ball.

pjzocc likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I made a motivational poster for him.

POOPING MOTI.png

pjzocc likes this.
  14. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

It pisses me off when "something" shyts in my yard and I unknowingly mow over it. Do you dog lovers pick up the shyt before you mow or do you just mow & go?

Asking for a friend?

15. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

We used to have two or three free-roaming neighborhood dogs. Nice dogs - Peaches, Gretta, and Scooby. They all have moved to doggy heaven.

Anyway, I traveled for work, and going 2-3 weeks without mowing the back lawn (unfenced yard, and the front lawn got priority when time was short) would invariably result in at least one "surprise".

Just hose off the wheels when you are done, or the shed will take on a certain smell.

16. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Because it is the poop deck?

[​IMG]

pjzocc likes this.
  17. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

I just mow it. Figure it gets mushed and/or mulched with the cut grass, then it's just natural fertilizer. Late fall and winter are when it sucks. No mowing, so I'm out with a 5 gal bucket and a shovel scooping every couple of weeks. My neighbor jokes that I'm "on doody" those days.

18. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I pick up the ones from the last couple days that are still sitting on top, the grass just grows through the rest and you can't see them (unless you're a psycho who picks them up every day or two) I'll usually go around after mowing and grab the ones that are obvious that got revealed from mowing but I'd say at least half of them just fertilize the ground, and I've never had a problem with the lawn mower chewing them up and making a mess...

All that being said, this strategy is very breed/diet dependent. My last dogs poop was like a diamond in an ice storm and I thought he was going to blow an O-ring every time he went and those needed to be picked up as they'd never break down before they became a problem.

19. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I usually diffuse the mine field before mowing, but in the spirit of Joe Walsh...

hashtag I hope that it’s hard.

hashtag mushy squash makes me

hashtag dry heave

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Electric driven turds are the hot setup now.

Mot Okstef likes this.