1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Leclerc is making his move for second place. Sneaky bastard. :crackup:

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Seb won on the track and Formula 1 lost.

BigBird and cpettit like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was ridiculous.

cpettit likes this.
  4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, bye...I'll make sure to not let the door hit me in the ass on my way out. Very close to finished with this sport that I've followed for over 50 years. It simply isn't interesting enough to make me care anymore.

cpettit likes this.
  5. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

That’s a tough loss for Seb.

Edit: where was I supposed to go.

6. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It is so disappointing. What a hollow victory for LH. What a punk move. You wanted a straight up race and you got it. You weren't aware your car had brakes? You thought you were in jeopardy because Grosjean or Perez were rejoining the track? Fuck off.

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Right, no one won today. Seb didn't, Ham didnt, F1 didn't and the fans didn't.

But as the regs are written, it's not subjective. It doesn't matter if he had control of the car or not, the car did not reenter in a safe manner, causing other/s to take significant avoidance measures. So, as the rule is written, it may have been used properly. The question is, should have the rule even come into play. We have seen the stewards take way too big of a role historically.

8. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I get that. But don't you think LH could have said on the radio, let it go. He could have, and in my opinion, he should have. No one gives a sh&t about the stewards. Totally demoralizing.

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Yawn.

10. DrA5

I think one thing that may have been factored in for this situation is that Hamilton would have blown by him from the driver error that Vettel made if not for having to jump on the brakes and could not go further right due to a wall. That may have tipped the stewards.

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Is this something Ferrari can take to court? Surely they will protest.

12. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

F1 joins gymnastics, skating, and diving as a judged sport. I'm not going to watch for a while, that was pathetic.

BigBird likes this.
  13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Wow that sucked... Lewis had plenty of opportunity to take a different line and would've zipped past Seb... the line he took was curious because if Seb had not been able to gather it up and he hit the wall, Lewis would've smashed into him.

I really liked seeing some emotion though, and the swapping of the 1st / 2nd placards had me LOL'ing!

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Seems pretty obvious to me that Seb went all the way across the track to block Hamilton. What race did you guys see? They’re both douche bags… I’m over it.

scottn, Steeltoe and A. Barrister like this.
  15. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

This. 100%. :stupid:

16. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

I'll say it, even if it makes me want to throw up in my mouth....Vittles got a bit of a raw deal on that one. Theres no way, really, he could've come back on track much, if any better. Now, POSSIBLY, if he had taken his foot out of it, he may have been able to pull it down a little farther and squared it up a little better, but I doubt it....

BigBird likes this.
  17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

They only thing I cant think is that they ruled the same way as if it was a paved runoff area ... ie - cut the corner and keep/gain your advantage.

In the end, the opinions will be based on if you wear red colored glasses or silver. Personally, I think he got shafted, and we got robbed of a potentially exciting finish.

When Karun went frame-by-frame, you could see that when he hit the pavement again he got snap oversteer and had to compensate by turning towards the wall. He's lucky he didnt hit it. I havent seen any telemetry showing he kept his foot in it while he was in the grass.

BigBird likes this.
  18. DrA5

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hadn't had my fingers crossed so tightly since just before I lost my virginity.

20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I hate finger boy and it couldn't have happened to a nicer baby, but they shouldn't have penalized him. If anything (if you must), make him concede a place immediately and let him fight back.

From a friend newly interested in F1 this year "so they just gifting Mercedes wins now too?"