1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I race with VR. I don't think I would go back to monitors myself.

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I just want trips if i ever get into other games over the winter. and some video editing maybe with the boy racing

backcountryme likes this.
  3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It's funny because I started in VR and moved to trips. I can't go back until improvements are made. I also do a lot of endurance racing and wearing it for 2-3 stints becomes cumbersome.

If that's the case I would look into a single ultra-wide monitor instead of triples.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824736008

4. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

Fraley did you buy a new truck yet so you can stop being a bitch?

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

As if there's anything in the world he could buy for him to not be a bitch :D

6. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

maybe a set of balls?

7. backcountryme

I could see it being a problem doing endurance races. I mainly race the midgets and sprint cars on Iracing, so the races are fairly short. I just find being able to look around really helps me when I have the car sideways and in a pack.

G Dawg likes this.
  8. nsouza707

Get your triples set up right and they come around the side of you. I believe I'm at a 175* FOV. VR is definitely the way forward, but the resolution and FOV are absolute shit. It's like driving with blinders on.

9. backcountryme

I don't know about that. I have a samsung odyssey headset that is pretty good resolution. And the FOV is pretty wide. Plus my computer is powerful enough to push really high frame rates.

10. code3ryder

for me, it's all about the screen door effect. That's gotta get better.

11. backcountryme

Yeah, I could see that. The headset I have has the least screen door effect that I have seen so far, but it is still there a little. I honestly don't even notice it when I start racing.

12. code3ryder

When I stopped noticing the sde, I noticed the lack of resolution. I liked it, but solid trips is prob that way to go for now for me. Well, if i I ever get back into it.

13. nsouza707

The Samsung Odyssey has a FOV of 110*. Put on your bike helmet then put on your Odyssey. Not even close.

code3ryder likes this.
  14. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

15. code3ryder

anyone driving Thursday 3-7pm eastern? I've gotta hang at work for a meeting and figure I'll get some seat time in.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've got to get my head out of my ass and start putting more time into it.
    With PRL now having 2 Divisions on Tuesday's I have an opportunity to actually compete.
    So yes, I'll be driving the M8 all week, but not until after 5PM eastern. We are @ Monza .

17. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Eric i get some free time ill call and chat with you about the pc.

No I didnt get a new truck, Did you fucks get a job you have to actually do anything at?

Interesting that PRL has 2 division now. I do miss driving.

I might be on tonight if the rain continues and we dont have a baseball game to go tonight. What are you guys still chatting on?

How has that fuck Overbay Been?

18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yeah, it was not much fun with all the 4000 and up IR guys.
    They have 30 in each division now .
    If you are a Premium member, you could choose to stay in D1.
    Or go by IR. D2 is not broadcast, yet everyone still has to pay $10 which is supposed to be used for iRacing credits to Team & Drivers Championship.

code3ryder likes this.
  19. Mphile77

Mphile77 Well-Known Member

Fuck off Fraley, see you tonight :rock:

20. backcountryme

Maybe, but it really doesn't bother me. I usually race the midgets and sprintcars, so the cage is usually in the way some, so it really doesn't bother me at all. I like my VR more then monitors.