1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica Round 5-Utah Motorsports Campus

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., Jun 6, 2019.

1. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

The show rolls west. The race will be run on the east track. In years past I believe the perimeter tracks was run. Gone is the long straight to turn one.
    Who's gonna shine, thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Steeltoe likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why aren't they running the whole track?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cost is my guess. Doubles the expenses for rental and workers etc...

The.Johnner likes this.
  5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

so last time i rode out there (last september), in the riders meeting they mentioned some new guard rails that had gone up around the 3,4,5 area in the above track map that could prove to be problematic if they ran the full course (speeds are higher through the infield at that point necessitating more run off room) and that those provided a possible point of impact for bike/rider... they mentioned that they weren’t sure if they were ever going to let bikes run the full course again because of it (perimeter may still be a go, just bypassing the infield).

again, just something they had talked about last september and not sure if there has been any changes since. i know we’re running east this weekend for our local races... maybe they’ll shed some more light on it.

6. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

I'll be working the event again this weekend with UTSBA so will be able to get a better perspective. Good thing for the fans is the boys will be coming around the last corner pretty quick and often.

turbulence likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I was thinking it may be something more like this instead of cost. And didn't several teams have issues with either heat or tire wear last year? Maybe it was something about the really long track and high altitude having an effect on both the machinery and the personnel?

8. turbulence

agreed. east course is so much easier to spectate...

i will miss seeing them dive bomb turn 1 at 180+ on the full course though. that’s pretty rad.

The.Johnner likes this.
  9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's a conspiracy - after Road America Yamaha has protested the long straights because the GSX-R's are crushing them on power :D

turbulence and Banditracer like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We've run endurance races on the perimeter course with no issues for bikes or riders. They did add stuff for the trophy truck course that could have been an issue using the full course but didn't affect perimeter at all. However, that stuff would be the same using just the east or just the west so it must not be too bad.

11. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Has MA ever raced on East?

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

27 on the twins grid

SundaySocial likes this.
  13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

And the first twins post hits within 2 hours... :crackup:

14. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

were you afraid to be first?

Gino230 and t11ravis like this.
  15. turbulence

in the last year or so?

from what i understand the issue is for the full course, not perimeter.... so why they aren’t using the perimeter is left for other reasoning.

16. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

I think it's to make it cheaper and more compact. They said it's the least attended event on the MA calendar, and they were using east course to keep all the racing close to the fans

Also, is Dylan Gray still having issues with getting a visa? wtf america

r6boater likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:clap::flag::bow::beer:

Circacee likes this.
  18. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Using the east course allows the spectators to see more. ie, from top of garages and stands along the east side of the course. Once riders get past pit row, you really cant see anything unless watching the big screen. Plus, more laps, more racing...

Itll be cooler this year being a month earlier so overheating shouldn't be as big of a deal.

r6boater, turbulence and 5axis like this.
  19. turbulence

at least josh herrin won’t have to face that same corner he wadded up the attack bike in last year... anyone remember that crash? hoooooly shit!

The.Johnner likes this.
  20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

The boys should be able to get it back together tonight right??

upload_2019-6-6_15-50-13.png

turbulence and jksoft like this.