1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Paddock

Discussion in 'General' started by Kyle Brosius, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

This weekend will be my first at Grattan. What are the paddock conditions like? Hopefully it won’t be as muddy as Nelson Ledges was. Are the pits grass/mud/gravel/pavement? How are the showers?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

New showers are decent from what I've heard. Upper paddock is paved but costs extra and there are some garages for rent as well. Lower paddock has paved roads but is grass otherwise. It'll be dry so no concerns about a Nelson mud bog issue. No power anywhere but the garages.

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

It’s well worth it to pay extra for a garage. Think about your experience at mid-Ohio and being in a garage vs the general paddock.

ducnut and Kyle Brosius like this.
  4. Kyle Brosius

I wonder how much extra the garages are vs the paved upper lot. It may be hard to justify for just myself.

5. Kyle Brosius

So I just called a garage is $70 for 2 days and parking in the paved lot is $20. Going to wrestle around with justifying the extra $50.

6. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

bathrooms and showers are nice. upper paddock pavement is good. Like others mentioned bring your own power unless your buying a garage.
    I will be there ridding the pro day and helping out for the weekend. the upper paddock spots are not spacious by any means

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Post up that you’re looking to split a garage with someone...having power outlets to plug into is worth $25 a day in my opinion, plus shelter from the weather without having to deal with a canopy.

ducnut likes this.
  8. Kyle Brosius

Yeah if anybody wants to split a garage for Grattan let me know.

9. 50 for 2 days is worth every penny just to have power not have to set up ezups etc. Not to mention the cost the other benefits of a garage. IIRC you can bring padlocks to lock them at night too.

ducnut likes this.
  10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Garages are awesome! Even better, when there’s a breeze blowing through, good neighbors, and meats on the grille.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

If Mongo is there watch out.

12. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

“First time at Grattan”

This should be fun!!
    Lol . Please tell use what you think afterwards.

Word of advice, if it’s wet I would be very cautious

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  13. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

I'll split one with you.
    I just got the vintage beast up and running.

I'll send a PM with my contact info.

14. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

'New bathroom and showers'

Good to hear.

When they pulled out the old ones, it must have cost a fortune to find a landfill equipped to handle such health hazard....

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

'New bathroom and showers'

Good to hear.

When they pulled out the old ones, it must have cost a fortune to find a landfill equipped to handle such health hazard....

16. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Grattan paddock is a step up from Nelson. It's not PIRC or Barber, but it's much better.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Grattan is a great track, clockwise or counter. The paddock and the whole place has a great vibe to it.

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="steve802cc, post: 5541689, member: 30567Word of advice, if it’s wet I would be very cautious[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't

19. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

I've seen it, he's not BS'ing :D

20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Somebody wins in the Dry .... somebody else wins in the wet .
    If your comfortable , go for it .
    I’ve won 3 races at Gratten , all in the wet .

21. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, went to the bar. Grnadkids togo order even made it back to the track to him intact :D