1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:Pop:

r6boater likes this.
  2. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

[emoji4] it’ll come out eventually I’m sure. Just give it time.

r6boater likes this.
  3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

good grief. Do you not comprehend how much force it takes to change a bikes direction when near full speed? even with these twins not having top speed of even a 600, with stock wheels, these things take considerable force, pulling AND pushing on the bars, to "alter the line". I've done endurance racing on twins at Road America (actually riding the Team challenge solo and winning the class), and i have raced 600's at road america.. so, while what you say has some truth, a simple push of the arm by another rider, is NOT going to alter the bikes current path. If Kris pulls his arm back, well, that's kinda on him isn't it?

G 97 likes this.
  4. MELK-MAN

yup.. i pointed this out earlier where I explained, that if ANYONE would know when and when not to put a hand on another rider, it would be Barnes. Some of these people posting seem to not grasp the fact that he's arguably the single most experienced racer in the entire MA paddock.

aaronson likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This thread

[​IMG]

Bloodhound, Metalhead, scottn and 5 others like this.
  6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Then why didn't he get the Suzuki ride?

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

He said experienced, not fastest. And I like Barney from his Team Hammer days.

AC1108 likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

What Suzuki ride?

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Well he did finish 3rd in the 200 back in those Suzuki days and I think he won the whole damn thing in 2016? Yeah he's lost all of his fastness

MELK-MAN, Steeltoe and AC1108 like this.
  10. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Not enough for a protest?

11. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

At this point, it depends on how much seal tape was applied to the engines. What's awesome is the Ducati was the first to offer up their engine on time...

turner38 likes this.
  12. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Somebody threw the cheater flag and they tore down the motor. Pay up suckas.

13. MELK-MAN

details... eh? LOL :)

14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

JPEG image.jpeg All the O’Hara Haters can suck it... he is one of the coolest guys in the Pits.. I think he won the Brickyard after that NOLA race too...

15. MELK-MAN

so just so we're clear.. since your post includes my photo of Stefano after winning his race .. are you claiming STEFANO cheated? or Barnes cheated?? which "suckas" are going to pay up ?

I certainly wasn't hating on him, hence the reason you didn't see me include his name, when i brought up the fact that if ANYONE would know better than to pull on someones body or bike to gain an advantage, it would be Barnes.. who had it done to him. I can't speak for the others but didn't really see any pitchforks out for him, they just wanted to post the footage i suspect ?

TLR67 likes this.
  16. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I’d argue Toni is in terms of quality racing racing experience. He’s not really a spring chicken by racing standards... pretty sure he was on a 125 starting in 1999 (finished 3rd oa in 2001)... but semantics.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Toni has more at a higher level, Barney has more at all levels and all sorts of bikes than anyone out there - by far.

stk0308, aaronson, Hoffman900 and 2 others like this.
  18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Hot damn. I'm calling in sick today.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I knew you were not meaning anything man...just didnt want Tyler to get a bad rap.. I talked to him about that move at NOLA and trust me he regretted it.. If you remeber that season there was alot of fun pushing and grabbing going on in that series..i am sure 33 will jump in here to discuss as well..i miss that series..

MELK-MAN likes this.
  20. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

How do you call in sick from retirement?