1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

yup... about what i said reading his posts. And it appears he's just getting revved up over it.

bingo. One of my favorite quotes is coming to mind reading his posts. "ya can't fix stupid"

2. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Nothing to defend, Kris wasnt the one pushing other riders...

I guess I’m not allowed to have a opinion about it.

drop likes this.
  3. MELK-MAN

kinda like "he touched him so hard it altered his line! ! " .. ?

4. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I mean... when your opinion includes "He should have been running other riders off track" then no, you're not allowed to have an opinion about it.

racesbikes and MELK-MAN like this.
  5. MELK-MAN

meanwhile, as some have mentioned, my lil' buddy won his first stock 1k race. :)

[​IMG]

sdiver, Gino230, sbk1198 and 11 others like this.
  6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Thats just the kind of Racer I am, I race you like you race me. You crowd me, I crowd you back only worse. Racecraft 101, If you are inside of them they cant turn till you do.

Some of Yall see things differently than I do, big deal. None of it matters at the end of the day.

We will work on our combination amd get ready for Utah. Like I said the displacement dissadvantage wont hurt as bad there.

MELK-MAN and AC1108 like this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

If Barnes hand placement was able to move a bike and rider completely off line while at the same time not changing Barnes own line, that’s some weird physics. Not too mention Barnes is the strongest rider in all of Moto America.

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

upload_2019-6-4_11-12-24.png

TX Joose, Adam.B, scottn and 2 others like this.
  9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

OK, here is some physics. If Barnes pushes the Kris's arm just above the elbow, this could cause the Kris's hand to pull back, which through counter steering would cause the bike to move away from Barnes. If that happens or not would depend on how exactly Kris's arm is positioned when he is tucked in on that straight. It could of course do the opposite as well if it pushed Kris's hand forward. The point is Barnes doesn't have to push the entire bike and rider sideways to make Kris change his line. He just needs to make Kris shorten or extend his arm while it is gripping the bars.

10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

What did MA say about it?

11. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

I dunno.. I saw it on TV, the announcer just kinda played it off saying as Barnes.."I'm right here". Then I thought why would I put my hands on another racer on track for any reason? Especially under that particular circumstance.

drop likes this.
  12. oilslinger

oilslinger Well-Known Member

Fact is Barnes didn’t push my arm. He pushed my hip and moved my bike left out of the draft. He had plenty of room and I wasn’t even headed to the right side of the track. I was doing all I could to stay in the draft because that was the only hope I had and he pushed me out of the draft. It wasn’t a tap or a touch. I felt his hand on my hip then felt him push me. I didn’t think I was being over aggressive at any point and made most of my passes around the outside to stay out of trouble. I had a lot more corner speed than anyone else in the front group, which I proved on the last lap, but was getting ate alive on the straights. Barney tried on multiple occasions to move over on me to put me off the track while on the brakes. It’s pretty clear in that second picture. I was already beside him when he swerved over to the right and put me on the curb, I simply let off the brakes and turned across his front end and still made the pass stick. I’m all for aggressive racing, that’s what makes it fun. But that push was excessive. I wouldn’t have thought twice about him tapping me or touching me. I leaned on Draik lightly when I passed him around the outside in the carousel just long enough for him to know I was there before I could get on the throttle to go on. I went to race control after the race and talked to Doug Chandler about it and he said himself that he watched the replay multiple times and it was obvious that Barnes pushed me and that it was a little over the top and was going to have a talk with him. I talked to Barnes after the race about it and we’re fine now. I wasn’t as mad about that as I was the cheater bike but oh well [emoji2373]

418, cBJr, scottn and 3 others like this.
  13. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

14. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Just slips this in there :crackup:

MELK-MAN, r6boater, JJJerry and 2 others like this.
  15. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Good attitude and yes, you had your bike on rails in the corners. I commented on it way before the Barney incident occurred during the race. You were having a day in the corners! Keep your head up and go get’em in Utah.

16. grasshopper

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What the hell was he trying to do?

18. grasshopper

He was trying to show his affection

19. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Good to hear. But first I've heard about a cheater bike? What's up with that?

20. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Yeah... I'd be interested to know what the story is with that.