1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, it couldn't be two different spots on the track. He wasn't talking about the pictures but about the statement. If you're close enough to tough someone you're not pretty far away.

backcountryme likes this.
  2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i watched it, and saw it, and mentioned in an earlier post that Chris moved a bit.. but my theory (as that's all you and i can have) was that he moved on his own, possibly startled by the touch, but no way-no how moved by the touch itself. Barnes didn't want him coming over on him as they headed for the right side of the track in top gear (as Barnes said, in the interview)

3. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That bike was way more KRSR designed and built than it was Suzuki’s. Similar to Wayne using a ROC chassis and winning because the stock Yamaha was junk.

4. MELK-MAN

Kris rode awesome.. and it's cool to watch him. He's one tough competitor. I will give you guys that for sure !
    We can just agree to disagree on what Barnes did or didn't do, and that's cool ;)

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Top statement was in regards to top picture.

Statement below that was the 2nd picture.

I'll do my very best to convey information in text better in the future.

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yamaha should vacate all of their 500GP wins then. I mean, they weren’t actually Yamahas. ;)

zrx12man likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

Don’t forget about trying to improve your reading comprehension while you’re at it. :D

8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Go back and read my post. All I said was down in turn 11 Barney reaching out and touching Turner was uncalled for. I posted a screen shot of that.

Then I post a picture of Barney rubbing up the inside of turner going into 8.

What's the problem? Or are you trolling times 10 today?

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

No you stated that Barney was pretty far away while also reaching out and putting a hand on Turner.
    And I asked how could this be and then you started crying about it. :crackup:
    Your statement, not mine.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

The picture pretty much sums it up for me. Kris was in the middle of the track, slightly ahead of Barnes. No reason for Barney to reach over and touch him in that case. If Kris was going to the right side of the track and ahead of Barney, the correct decision would be to back off and fall in line. Most everyone here has enough racing experience to have had plenty of situations like that happen, and I don't recall seeing a lot of racers touching each other to let them know their positions.

11. MELK-MAN

discussion forum... you know, discussion ? you might be right, i might be right.

[​IMG]

12. fastedyamaha

Boy you have as much knowledge as Broome on the history of racing. Go do some research and you’ll see that this was only 1 year that Wayne had to switch to an aftermarket frame to win with because the stock Yamaha frame was junk. :Poke:

13. MELK-MAN

how about this. Barnes rolls of "just because some think that's what you are supposed to do".. rider behind Barnes doesn't expect a roll -off in heading into one of the fastest sections of the track, they crash, oil everywhere, people hurt... OR.. he could have just kept in the gas, put his elbow into Kris and fought to hold his piece of track.. OR do what an experienced veteran, with actual PRO experience over multiple decades decides to do, and tap Kris on the arm to let him know he's there and hence, avoid all of the aforementioned carnage ??

Oh, and there was visibly no rider to Kris's left that would have been in danger with the slight swerve that Kris made, which wasn't needed ... A touch does not make a rider move. The rider being touched may or may not move on their own, which is what I think he did. You don't agree? that's cool. Live will go on.

G 97 likes this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

No need for that touch IMO... at least there.. it’s racing.. that spot is very hairy on a big bike if you get pinched..I have experienced it first hand..... and put your arm out at speed it could blow ya off. I am sure as well as a small twin at speed too. But it’s clear in that pic that Barnes should have chose the other side instead of the warning.. just my opinion.

Oh and it was better with the tunnel affect when they had tree’s too...nothing like diving into the Forrest at 175.

418 and Steady T like this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

[
    :crackup:

This from a guy who stated that Suzuki hadn’t won a big league championship like Moto GP or wsbk since KS.
    So the Suzuki that KRJR won his 500GP isn’t a Suzuki but the Yamaha, the one year you mentioned is?
    Awesome logic. ;)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  16. MELK-MAN

"touch-gate" notwithstanding... how about Nick McFadden ? he kinda came from nowhere (compared to some past rides this year) to put in some awesome rides!

17. fastedyamaha

Reading is fun-da-mental. I clearly said that Kevin won the last championship of note on a Suzuki, not that he won the last race...lots of races have been won since he retired...

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Rolling off early while heading down into T5 isn't exactly the wisest thing to do not knowing who may be behind you.

Although Miguel Duhmel would make it a point to brake check you @T4 prior to him pulling off. The idiot.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Troy Corser won a WSBK championship on a Suzuki GSXR 1000. Since KS won his GP500 championship. Which contradicts your prior direct statement. And clearly I meant championship and not race as this is the statement you made.

Knowing your race history is also fun-da-mental.

20. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

He got a new crew chief. Back with the Biggun.

MELK-MAN and G 97 like this.