1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

From the road...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jun 1, 2016.

1. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Not sure what good having a firearm unloaded in a locked case is going to do for you. It seems you'd need a 3-minute warning or something.

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

My understanding is the key part is going to be company driver or owner/operator.

3. dtalbott

418, where are you driving today?

418 likes this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm in Brampton, Ontario.

Doing the unload right now actually then heading back to Gawgia.

It's like 55 degrees here. And windy AF.

What you up to?

5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

6. dtalbott

Florida. Saw a truck today with 418 on the doors. Thought it might be you.

418 likes this.
  7. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Not for me.. only difference from being a owner op is my name isn't on the title. Otherwise I got all the other freedoms to do what I want. Love my boss.. :)

8. Marid2apterbilt

For states not reciprocal with NC. The other 39 states you can bet it won't be in a locked case.

Also there are times I deliver loads COD. I'll have a place to store the cash. Nothing sucks more than having $10k in your pocket that your responsibil for and ain't yours..

beac83 likes this.
  9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

10. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

^^^ Nope. That’s a euro-wagon.

If it was American, it’d be a Swift.

ToofPic likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, not a US truck with those wheels on the trailer.

12. Marid2apterbilt

Omg I'll be glad when my spring/summer account winds down.
    I'm so sick of the traffic up and down 95 from NC to NH. Atlanta at rush hour is a cake walk.

418 likes this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yep. At least ATL is one metro city and not continuous through multiple states. There’s no OTR money being made, sitting in traffic.

dtalbott likes this.
  14. dtalbott

First time I've been to a delivery and security gave me this... 20190718_105305.jpg

15. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Yep. I’ve seen that at many places, especially LA.

And, that “truck stop” is really only a fuel stop and especially bad when everyone waiting on their appointments are packed in there.

16. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Fuck Aldi!! No truck loving cocksuckers! They want you to be on time,deliver,and fuck how you do it.I will shit in the parking lot of aldi,before I ever pull a load for them..
    Praise allah!!

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I went to an Aldi once.

I tried to get a shopping cart out of the rack and they were chained & locked together.

I watched Miss Soccer Mom walk up and put a quarter in the slot on the lock and release a cart.

I didn't have a quarter.

Who the fuck carries a goddam quarter around with them?

I left.

I haven't (and won't) be back.

Not even to shit.

The End.

ToofPic likes this.
  18. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Dang it, man! Haha. Most all are getting like that; Walmart, CVS, any place big in the marketplace. For sure, it’s frustrating to go to a place and be treated like a degenerate. When a receiver won’t even allow someone to use a restroom, it says everything about how they view drivers.

I work for the world’s largest at what we do. A 10hr shift sees ~200 trucks pass through the gates. If you’re early and there’s an available door, you’re assigned to it. If you’re late, you’ll get the next available door. Either way, they’ll start on you ASAP. Make your appt? There’s a receiver on duty, waiting at your assigned door, for your appt. Out of hours? We have extended parking. We have restrooms, break rooms, freedom to walk down the street to the grocery store, Dollar General, restaurants, etc. I’ve even let an outside driver into the the company driver facilities to shower. Others have been let in to do their laundry and hangout. Free WiFi around the entire property and outside drivers are given the password. If one’s company has dropped empties, one can get in and out in ~30min. Drivers love coming to the place, because of all of this.

K51000 and ToofPic like this.
  19. dtalbott

I want to deliver to your place!

ToofPic, Marid2apterbilt and ducnut like this.
  20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Some one who knows the gawd damned Aldi shopping protocol. :Poke:

ducnut likes this.