1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

What are you basing that on?

The Americans that have gone over were either not the Type A talent, on a back marker team, a combination. Also add in the fact that they are racing against people who have raced on those tracks their entire life.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Lemme check the title, I thought this was the Motoamerica thread. Oh, that's right you got NOTHIN.

But since you brought it up,

How'd MotoGP go for ya this weekend? Did y'all show up?

And just how is WSBK going? :crackup:

Pfft. That's what I thought. Go make pianos. Silly Yamakas. :moon:

3. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I did. And I also told my girlfriend, while watching live plus, that it was VERY exciting to see a Ford commercial on it. I had explained that, that means, if this were on standard tv, that it would just be a commercial. But being that it was on live+ means it's a complete Ford sponsorship. It's fantastic news. Maybe this is the start to something great. And yes some factories looking back in is very exciting. I have a very good idea, that's it's kawi. I'm hearing this from someone that's been in the paddock since late 90s.

The racing was phenomenal this weekend. Was glued to the TV both days.

Gino230 and Senna like this.
  4. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Facts. Type A talent rises to the top regardless of machinery and makes the most of it. Anyone remember Spies's teammate the year he won? Tom Sykes who had significantly more experience and still sucked until years later. Spies hadn't seen most of those tracks and still won. We haven't had anything close since and unless there's a unicorn rookie none of us have seen, it's gonna stay that way for a while longer.

t11ravis likes this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Well, you can kind of look at Toni as a measuring stick for them. He was/is a rider who was kind of long in the tooth in EU....had no ride sitting on the couch, comes over to the US on short notice, hops on an 8-year old Gixxer at the end of its development cycle that hadn't won a race in several years and trounced the field in his first race at COTA in 2016.

I think if you brought over Rea, Davies, Bautista, Lowes, VdM, Haslam, Sykes etc that the top US guys would not be keeping pace with them.

6. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I also agree with your last sentence. Why not bring them here, to the tracks we are familiar with and have a comparison.

The ktm cup was fantastic, but sending our American boys over there to race at the home track of those guys, with our guys little to no testing/practice is almost a guarantee for failure.

7. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

@Steeltoe what he said! There’s only 5 bikes capable of winning each race so it’s not a great feat for Suzuki to win. This bike isn’t anywhere close to consistent wins in any other national series.

8. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Stock 1000 race was CRAZY! My boy Mesa doing work!

Gino230 and MELK-MAN like this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sounds like a bunch of pianos and violins crying to me. :p

TLR67 likes this.
  10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Had fun at my first MotoAmerica event this wknd. Cant wait to go back and have my bike with me. They were doing some 2up rides with spectators rolling on back with a racer that I really want to to. And the spectator parade lap looked fun too.

Attached Files:

11. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Met this guy too

Attached Files:

418, Steeltoe and 5axis like this.
  12. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

We had a good time this weekend here too. Thank you all for the support!

t11ravis likes this.
  13. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Awesome to hear your experience was very positive, lopitt85.

14. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I was stoked to grab these snaps.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Steady T, Shocker, Joe Cupido and 5 others like this.
  15. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yeah....

Kris was way too nice. The start killed us, seems like we lost a little legs when it came race time. Barney did a great job of holding Kris up when he needed to. Kris REALLY needed to rough them up getting into five or six where he could use his pace in the infeild to overcome the displacement of the other two bikes.

The shove was uncalled for and much more than a touch, it altered Kris’s line and he had a talk with race direction about it.

Unfortunatly there is a several thousand $$ differance between where we finished and where we needed to be. If we can make it to Utah, it will not favor the extra displacement of the other bikes as much.
    We shall see...

16. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

mastermind likes this.
  17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

So happy for Draik...

r6boater and mastermind like this.
  18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I'm sure you guys are frustrated with the result but watching him catch back up after running off was impressive. I really hope the results start coming because he is very fun to watch.

AC1108 likes this.
  19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

From what I seen he def had speed. Shame.

20. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

I'll keep my perception thank you. We will see soon.