1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

31 Pro Twin entries at Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by SundaySocial, May 31, 2019.

1. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

2. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

I am thinking of helping a local young rider enter this series. Why are there no Kawasaki 650's running ? I am going to the Ulster GP in August where the Kawasaki 650 and Patton with Kawasaki motor dominate the lightweight class. Thought about bringing one back here to run in the twins class, why won't that work? Both series appear to use similar superbike rules.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  3. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:Pop: The superiority of the kawasaki is well documented here.

renegade17 likes this.
  4. flewid

flewid Well-Known Member

I don't mean to look ignorant but is it a field of 31 and if so I'm not seeing qualifying times for the last racers. Can someone explain?

5. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

There's a few peeps running Kawis in one or 2 races. I think the big reason is $$$ to build the Kawi... That and how common SV racebikes are, parts are fairly easy to come by

6. BC

BC Well-Known Member

They entered but for whatever reason didn't get on track to set a time.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yup, Dani should be at the West Coast rounds
    There were only a handfull of Kawi's racing when we were 10 years ago.
    That # pretty much dropped to zero once contengency stopped.
    Dani raced an old bike last year. They now have a new one built and are sorting it out.
    Chris Speights raced his 1st gen @ VIR and is supposed to be doing the East Coast Rounds.
    https://motoamerica.com/2019/05/rac...MtrUDBolPav5SVFqO1_8WWoz4UDppAZYnXTOvansb--PY

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  8. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

There were lots of transponder issues yesterday across all classes, kinda weird.

Going to be an interesting next few sessions and great race. Lots of fast bikes and riders in the twins.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Congrats Draik on your first MA win!!!

Phl218, CRA_Fizzer, r6boater and 2 others like this.
  10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Sweet!
    Great job dude!

r6boater likes this.
  11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

2nd motoamerica win

He won in jr cup also. At vir

r6boater likes this.
  12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahaha I once asked Jason DiSalvo what it was like to get his first win at Mid-Ohio meaning the first time he won a pro ama race there and he got all bent out of shape :crackup:

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

OOOps, Congrats on first MA twins win.

r6boater likes this.
  14. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

It's all good! 1st, 2nd, now onto the 3rd one soon.

15. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

There’s a few differences in the rules compared to Europe’s super twins. The Patton isn’t homoligated in MA either.

I tested with Dani on a new gen 650 built by Grant Matsushima last weekend and the initial results were very positive. Still some things to work out on the bike but the feedback from the rider was encouraging. She put a Kawi 650 on the box last year in MA Twins and feels this new gen bike has more potential than the one she raced last year.

I think if there is more parts and info available for the Kawi, people will start to look at it as a viable race bike. It’s definitely capable but you are basically starting from scratch with set up.

G Dawg likes this.