1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 BMW S1000RR specs leaked

Discussion in 'General' started by Ra.Ge. Raptor, Oct 30, 2018.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

They better sort that top end before the end of the year

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

Ran across that on FB

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. 418

418 Expert #59

JHS racing did a Dyno test on one on the 44teeth YT channnel.

Thing made 196rwhp.

A HP4 made 202 on the same Dyno.

Fack

4. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Yup, and the hp4 comes with a full Akra system. The 19 still had the euro5 garbage, they’re expecting another 10-12whp with a full system.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And every review I've seen is pretty impressed with it. I imagine it's going to clean house at the TT next week.

6. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Shift cam is legit. Torque curve is a beaut for an I4.

7. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

This thing looks flat out awesome

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They're starting with a strong platform, in WSBK though hasn't Tom's beemer been down on power compared to the rest.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I think next week we'll see just how much power it really makes on the Sulby Straight. :D

[​IMG]

Senna and Odilup like this.
  10. The_R1_Kid

The_R1_Kid Well-Known Member

FYI Deliveries are starting to happen with these. My M package will be here end of next week 8th ish. Should be pretty interesting.

11. It has. He has struggled all year because of the lack of top end power. He can qualify decently, when allowed to run his own lines and doesn't have to battle with anyone. But when he is losing that many kph on the straights, he can't finish well. I kinda feel bad for him seeing him riding his ass off, only to tumble backwards on the long straights.

It also doesn't help that Sykes has the epitome of the SBK "point and shoot" riding style. He is a demon on the brakes that goes in hot, gets it stopped, and then fires it out (that is why it was so hard to pass him when he was on the ZX10). That helps him take advantage of the straights better than most...except in this case the bike is letting him down. Point-and-shoot doesn't work when your bike won't shoot.

It does look badass though.