1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2020 Beemer Press release...

Discussion in 'General' started by fastfreddie, Jun 1, 2019.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

...was conducted Thu, the 30th, at Barber. Looked like at least 2 dozen bikes, all with the rider's names labeled on the subframe. Motojournalists from around the globe, including our own Melissa Berkoff and Sam Fleming. Nate Kern is/was prolly the fastest test rider, making that thing dance on one wheel between corners Wednesday.
    There's a base model and an M package which includes carbon wheels, a touch more electronics, more of a superbike seat (firmer/shaped pad), etc.
    I could not get in to "spectate" so, waiting for publication. I hope some of those riders have also been on Ducati's V4R and make some comparison(s).

The top of the mountain just got crowded.

Newyork and 418 like this.
  2. fastfreddie

@418, were you at Barber this past week?

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Nope. Not me.

4. fastfreddie

Just checkin'. One of the riders had a racy lookin' bike, numbered 418.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The guys at 44 Teeth Dyno'd a bone stock 2019 S1000rr at 196 at the wheel.

Personally I find the BMW the most interesting of the new crop.

code3ryder likes this.
  6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I saw another video where the Dyno it at 199 at the wheel, and then one from the uk that said 206..
    That's pretty damn awesome!

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Not really a spoiler. :D

8. fastfreddie

Ha! He was faster than any of the other riders that day but he ain't winning an MA SBK race with his times.
    I can't imagine watching the SBK guys from the vantage points I had...ten seconds faster.

5axis likes this.
  9. fastfreddie

Ten years of R&D, this new bike has got to be phenomenal.

turbulence likes this.
  10. moto316

moto316 Well-Known Member

Any idea on what the kit/race calibration electronics are going to be like for this new model? Is it going to be an ecu swap like the kawi or is flashing the stock ecu the way to do it still? The major thing I like about the kawis is their race kit catalog and the ecu/harness that gets rid of all the frills required for the street and makes it a true race bike.

11. fastfreddie

I know little of its e-tech capabilities but I'd guess everything is there, just need something to read/adjust it. Kinda like their data logger on the first gen bikes, but user adjustable and more informative.
    Suspension and engine modes are adjustable from the dash.

12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

fuck me, it has been ten years. i still think of the S1000RR as the uppity new kid.

this is how i know i'm getting old...

MachineR1 and 418 like this.
  13. fastfreddie

There is near zero interchangeability between the new bike and the old bike.
    BMW climbed to the top, elbowed Ducati in the sternum and said, Ahem. :D

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'd be hard pressed to decide between a V4 Panigale and one of these, IF I had $25k to blow on a bike right now. I guess it's a good thing I don't.

fastfreddie likes this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Easy choice. BMW all day. Better looking, crazy tech, has a real swingarm, and doesn't come with a stack of recalls like the Dookati.

418 likes this.
  16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm with you, but that V4 sound is intoxicating. I4's are boring, and wide.

stk0308 and WANABE RACER like this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The Ducati V4 sounds like a big twin because of the firing order. Which is fine if you like big twins. But the Aprilia sounds like a proper V4. Even with stock exhaust, cat and all that Aprilia is an eargasm. It also has a proper swingarm :D and does not come with a stack of recalls.

K51000, bored&stroked and kiggy74 like this.
  18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Ape has been my favorite for a long time but it's pretty long in the tooth at this point.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Have you seen the 44 Teeth review of the 2019 RSV4 1100?

20. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

i know you just hate on ducati just because, but what "better tech" does it have? the single sided swingarm is badass when it comes to tire changes. and the BMW has been out for like 3 weeks... BMW's aren't the most reliable thing ever either. give it time.

also, it's still the same bike as the old bmw and the big 4... at least ducati changed their entire motor when they changed their bike.

inline 4 snoozefest.