1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The time is now

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, May 30, 2019.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

50Joe likes this.
  2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Thank you. Yes if all goes well.

SundaySocial and TurboBlew like this.
  3. joec

joec brace yourself

I would love to be on this cool down lap.

50Joe likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I see Joe on live timing. I am happy. Well, what passes for me being happy :D

50Joe, rd400racer, cajun636 and 6 others like this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's posted in twenty different places, but how about a link?

50Joe likes this.
  6. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

You make all of us look like big giant pussies

Razr, t500racer, 50Joe and 6 others like this.
  7. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

due to my mishap a few years back I found it too difficult to visit these pages and mourn the loss the sport I love.
    Seeing Ed's post on FB about where you are is so incredible to me; not surprising as I knew you from our days as friends proved to me the winner you are. I have felt your darkness, but like you, am in a better place. Couldn't quite bring myself to cause the pain and disarray to those I love. The effects of my TBI are forever, but you are an inspiration to overcome and stay in the game.
    Stay in touch brother! The race you are winning is for us all! And damn, you got me back on this stinkin' forum!!!

8. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

Lets see some photos!!!!!!!!!!!

50Joe and 5axis like this.
  9. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

He kept going faster. It's mind boggling to me to have to adapt that way. But he just took right the fuck off like t was nothing.

50Joe, BigBird, motoboy and 5 others like this.
  11. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff Joe!
    Never doubted you would be back out there! :beer:

50Joe and motoboy like this.
  12. fun day, started off crappy for me but got much better once finally at the track. Couple minor teething shakedown related issues with the bike but quickly and easily addressed. Joe kept getting better and better. He hadn’t even ridden the bike in a parking lot, not to mention we did. The final placement and mounting for his feet at the track. I was denolding and trimming carbon over the trash can at the track. They were kinda sorta cured. Was worth every bit of effort doing this seeing how happy joe was. Headed home, going to fish for a couple hours, pressure was the sweat off me and sleep like it’s my job.

scottn, HPPT, 418 and 6 others like this.
  13. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Weekend plan change: I have got to see this race!

50Joe and BigBird like this.
  14. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Seeing Joe roll out of pit lane was one of the coolest things I’ve seen at the track. So awesome.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

You did good man, really good. He was happy. That's all that matters. You'll get your reward for your hard work when you least expect it. Again, awesome job.

50Joe, BigBird and cajun636 like this.
  16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yep, it was a great day indeed. He was getting faster every term every lap.

I’m just happy I was there to be on track with him again.

I’ll get some vids up tomorrow.

5axis, t11ravis, 50Joe and 1 other person like this.
  17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Once the adrenaline wore off my body started to protest and the drive home was really hard. I just woke from a nap and feel waaaay better. There are so many people to thank, not for just today but for so many little elements of progression over these last 6 years. But, getting back to just today the gravity of the days events hasn't sunk in. I guess my engineer mind kicked in and was spinning in warp drive to figure out and adapt to a totally new way to ride. We did the 3 afternoon sessions. After the first session I was like "not too sure about this whole dealio". Second session was a mixed bag. The final session my racing thoughts and mindset started to come back and I was thinking about brake points. shift points, turn in reference points, etc. I started to feel pretty darn comfortable and my confidence grew. The landing gear was missing a part so we used the catch and release method. I made the decision to not race Saturday mainly because my learning curve is still steep and I would have to start from pit lane. I'm sure I would get lapped and I know other racers have traveled far and spent hard earned money to race and I don't want to spoil a fellow racers day by getting in their way. It's the best decision for all of us. I feel I need a good 5 to 10 track sessions of practice and learning before actually lining up for a race and once the landing gear is done I'll be able to start from the front straight. Massive thank you's to Doug, Sue, Dustin, Pops, Richie, Edwin, Mark M, Gary, Stick, all of the WERA crew, geez - can't remember everyone. More to come......I do have pics and Dustin got video. Gotta catch up with it all. I came here to make this post first.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Gino230, Razr, Bloodhound and 19 others like this.
  18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

That is amazing, I'm so glad it went well overall. Truly an incredible comeback story and I can't wait to read your post about the feeling of taking the checkered flag once you get everything sorted.

cajun636 and 50Joe like this.
  19. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Bravo.

50Joe likes this.
  20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Pictures & video please