1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender neutral

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, Feb 19, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We do not speak I'll of the dead. Particularly those who were murdered before the Marfan's Syndrome caused their aorta to rupture.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  2. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

That’s just fucked up. I mean truly. Putting words into a dead Presidents mouth?

3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Society has hit a false neutral...:eek:

4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile the real threats to our society (Russia, China, NoK) are laughing their asses off.

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

The real threat to our society is our own weakness. No outsider need push us over a cliff when we are hurtling towards the precipice of our own volition.

SGVRider likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

In top gear with our foot through the firewall, or with the throttle hand at WFO if you prefer a motorcycle reference.

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Seriously right.....I mean they can come up with their own lyrics, nahmsayin'?

[​IMG]

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The legend does sure, but direct quotes are easy enough to find in his speeches...

9. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

Ran into this while doing a work-related third party survey:
    [​IMG]

10. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Oh don’t get me wrong, he was a great man. It’s just that everybody’s legend, whether good or bad, grows into the realm of fiction after their death.

Did you know that John Wesley Harding shot a man just for snoring ? :D

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Well?
    Don't keep us in suspense.

MachineR1 and Steeltoe like this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Mentioned this in another thread but saw one of these in Austin when I was there for the GP last month (not at the track, at a Starbucks).

[​IMG]

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I ran into some gender politics in the wild a couple months ago while dealing with a supplier at work. Was designing a fixture for their stamping and asked if it was to be a male, or female fixture and he laughed and said "we're not allowed to say that anymore, it's "holds water", or "sheds water"......". I just laughed, and said is it an inny, or an outty ?:)). He seemed less than impressed with the new corporate culture lol. I couldn't care less either way. The re writing and erasing of history is the part that bothers me. You can't change the past, only the future.

holds water/sheds water has definitely found it's way into my vocabulary though, probably not in the way it was intended lol.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Wow. I hadn't thought of that. Next time someone yells for the male end of an audio cable they get fired?

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Just go with inny or outty.

16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Just pondering...what do folks who speak Spanish, French or other gender heavy languages do when confronted with gender specific words?

17. nigel smith

Sexist fuckers just need to speak English like civilized people. I have no problem with banning an entire language that is comprised of nothing more than toxic hate speech.

badmoon692008 and sheepofblue like this.
  18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Wouldn't that be a catch 22 for the politically correct. Gender or Hispanic...who wins?

19. nigel smith

This calls for some compromise on the part of those who have traditionally benefitted from the ingrained patriarchal hegemony. Keep the Spanish language but make all of the words feminine as a form of cultural reparation.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They argue and fight and go through a major existential debate over which direction the language should go into. Results still pending.