1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The time is now

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, May 30, 2019.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Well, being that his bike is now mine and is the team's endurance bike, I think about him more than most. And I'm still lost on it all, having saw him just 3 days before. I get it, but I don't at the same time.

Either way, you're out there, making it back to the grid. That's just badass. I always hate missing out on Cycle Jam, but I'm really bummed about not being able to meet you/see you take the grid. I hope it's everything you're wanting it to be and more!

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Have fun Joe!

50Joe likes this.
  3. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

Best of luck!

50Joe likes this.
  4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Have fun man! Pretty awesome.

50Joe likes this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Corner low, but keep the shiny side up.

50Joe likes this.
  6. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

Have fun and enjoy yourself Joe! Doug has sent me quite a few pictures and videos of the set up, looks awesome.

50Joe likes this.
  7. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

You’re a badass. I can’t say I’d do the same in your situation. Have fun out there!

50Joe likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Have a great time, very impressive what you are accomplishing. Please get us some pic's.

50Joe likes this.
  9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

good luck Joe, i will be rocking this, for your support this weekend. be safe, have fun. Ski

P1020841sm.jpg

Razr, joec, SuddenBraking and 6 others like this.
  10. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Great to hear Joe!!! Good luck, have fun!!!

50Joe likes this.
  11. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Been following your journey for quite a while and your determination is admirable. So cool that you are making your goal happen.

Sometime after your excitement of this weekend, would you please post pics of the bike and a short explanation of modifications made to adapt to your needs?

50Joe likes this.
  12. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I don't have enough thumbs to like this hard enough. Go get it, Joe!

50Joe likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wish I could be there but I'll definitely be thinking about you. Make sure the transponder is on the bike so I can at least watch you turn laps on the computer :D

Shenanigans and 50Joe like this.
  14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

We had a guy here years ago who also was paralyzed below the waist do a race. No 'landing gear' which I assume are retractable outriggers. Couple guys held him up at the back of the pack on the start, then caught him when he came into the paddock.

Even if you only do one lap, you won. Have fun.

BigBird, Metalhead and 50Joe like this.
  15. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

This wins the internet today

16. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Excellent to hear! Go fast!

50Joe likes this.
  17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Doug is a genius. No way would I be doing this without his help.

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Mine is definitely dead. I'll be borrowing one of yours for the event. Thank you.

19. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Puts a smile on my face to see this. Live life brother!

Metalhead and 50Joe like this.
  20. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I do want to say that you all have no idea how much your encouragement back in 2013 and 2014 meant. My crash was June of 2013. In March of 2014 after having 10 months of constant level 8 to 10 pain I was ready to check out. I had devised a plan 0n exactly how I was going to do it. I thought about suicide every few minutes. I was THAT close. Two main things stopped me. First, my Mom was already devastated and I felt no parent should have to outlive their kids. Second, I felt I would be letting my moto family down if I checked out. Yea, my close friends and siblings would be hurt but they have full lives and I reasoned they would be OK over time. I thought there was no other option and being zoned out on pain meds wasn't my idea of a life. God intervened and put some people in my life who helped without knowing they did and He started to take the pain away. I still have my bad days but the good days now outnumber the bad. It's taken thousands of hours of physical work and the daily maintenance just to stay healthy and off prescription drugs is constant. But, it's been worth it. I'm not putting too many expectations on myself this weekend. Like others have said, just doing a lap around the track during practice will be a win. Thank you all.