1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U4.4 Map on Pump? or Download Base Map for Pump?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ElroyJetson123, May 29, 2019.

1. ElroyJetson123

ElroyJetson123 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I have a 06 GSXR600 mapped for U4.4 (stock engine). I am going to do a trackday and do not want to run the U4.4 for obvious reasons.

I'm wondering if my bike would perform better (not mileage wise, but HP wise) if I downloaded a power commander map off the dynojet website (for my bike year, pipe, airfilter) or if running the U4.4 map on 91 pump gas would still be better than the base map off dynojet site.

I drained the U4.4 out of the bike and put pump in it. With the pump gas there is a VERY loud backfire and a flame that shoots out the can.

Any opinions? Besides, go have it remapped =)

2. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

A good tune will probably get you 4 horse. I got 4 from pump on my ‘15 r1.

3. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

4. ElroyJetson123

Well, the question is basically, which is the lesser evil =) Im hoping someone can share their experience trying the base maps downloaded from dynojet since I have no information on this.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

People use generic downloaded maps and flashtunes all the time with ok results, but "go have it remapped" is the right answer. If someone paid for a good tune on u4, best idea is to get a map switch so you can toggle between the 2 (whether you download or pay for a good pump gas map)

6. ElroyJetson123

Appreciate the response, I'll try the downloaded map and consider your solution for the future, thanks