1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Toyota Tacoma

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, May 24, 2019.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Tell me the good, bad, dirty and what to look for?

Found a 2017 with 15K on the ODO. A little concerned I'm missing something as it's been on 3 car lots for about 3-4 months each with no sale.

They're asking 27K for it......would like to get it for 23.

2. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I bought a 2016 TRD Off Road Double Cab 2 wheel drive for $31,500 pls TTL at the end of 2015.

You can buy new for the same or not much more than used

turner38 likes this.
  3. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Thats why its been sitting. $4k discount lol.
    Used they cost just about as much as new. No point in buying used until they get really used.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Is it a regular cab 2WD model or something?
    Check the transmission, rear diff and frame real good.

5. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Double Cab, 2WD, 5' Bed

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Have a shop check the transmission fluid level since you can't, a whole bunch of them left the factory low. The rear diff had a recall, the frame still has the same issues they have had for over a decade.

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

This ought to secure the sale.

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

My 18' TRD 4x4 Sport crew cab has been awesome 10k miles so far. They do have a master cylinder recall as well so be sure to check that

9. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

No issues at 25k on my ‘17

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I have an 07 Frontier for sale.

Jesse, turner38, scottn and 2 others like this.
  11. joec

joec brace yourself

The nice thing is, it's already blown up.. So you don't have to worry about it leaving you stranded somewhere.

12. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

This..

13. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

What trim model Sport, Off Road?
    Also make sure it has the latest transmission TSB software and it should be good. I love my 18.

14. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I try to get a CarFax on that then... However, 2nd year from the 3.5 "upgrade" engine and transmission. There was a boat load of recalls and complaints from owners about gas mileage, shifting, and a few other things IIRC.

I recommend surfing "3rd Gen" at Tacomaworld (dot) com for possible issues to look for. Pretty knowledgable and up to speed on what's what on Tacoma's. Warning: Some may have been redirected from gixxer.com but you can spot them pretty quickly.

15. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

It is priced high, but glad to hear resale is good.

2013 taco, 2.7L 4cyl, 2WD, Extra-cab (no double), 6ft bed....140,000miles....still runs and drives like a top....I put a leer hi-top camper shell on it. I drove it off the lot mid to low 20's IIRC. I still have the window sticker somewhere.

Had exhaust (CAT) issues. Replaced at 10K.....then a recall replaced the entire exh. I think it was 4cyl only recall.

In retro I would get the v6.......No other issues with it at all.

16. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

2010 Tacoma double cab 4x4 at 155k miles.

NO issues ever.

Pay attention to maintenance and take care of business. All good.

17. It’s a Toyota, you are much better off buying new. It’s like a Jeep Wrangler, they don’t depreciate much at all in he first few years, plus buying from a dealer they need to make their $. Best way to buy a used Toyota is find someone who wants out of theirs and “take over their payments” ie payoff their loan and get the title for yourself. The 2020’s are about out so look for a left over 19.

18. 01 4Runner. Bought new in 01. 279k miles, wife’s been through 3 other cars since buying it, been a 3rd vehicle for about 12-13 years. Knock on wood, no issues at all. I’d still hop in it and drive across the country without thinking twice.

BigBird and TurboBlew like this.
  19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Got a 98.. lil less miles. However it was 23ish when we bought it new. Crazy money but it was our primary vehicle for almost all its life. The original plan was to keep it 10 yrs... wasnt worried about resale. Now...same vehicle is in the 40s.

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Mine can be had that cheap :)