1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road America - MotoAmerica Round 4

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, May 21, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

#MakeHayesFactoryAgain

2. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I am willing to put $50 into an account to get Hayes to Road America. Let’s get the BBS sticker on the MP13 bike

AC1108 likes this.
  3. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Not all of the RV sites at Road America are powered.

In fact, a majority are not and run $70 for the weekend (I always reserve two spots because I'm a baller who rolls w/a huge posse).

You can even stay over Sunday night (at your spot, not mine) if you're 'too tired' to drive.

mino6466 and r6boater like this.
  4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Josh said that while he appreciates that, it's not the route they're looking to take.....

Screen Shot 2019-05-23 at 9.58.28 PM.png

SWest122, scottn, socalrider and 2 others like this.
  5. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

You're overestimating people's ability to pronounce names correctly. Half the motorcycle racing fans still can't say Dovizioso right, hence most say "Dovi" lol But it doesn't matter, so long as Brandon keeps on winning! It's amazing that the Lanky Pasta can win in a class where stature is very critical! Says a lot for the amount of skill he's got. I would not be surprised if he gets on the podium at Road America.

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  6. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Absolute class act. It would be so easy for him to go the other way with it and he didn't. For this, and a bunch of other reasons, I have so much respect for that man.

7. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

The Carousel was pretty decent back in the day. I will never get the image of the guy jumping a bonfire on a 50 with both feet in casts. Hammered, of course. The zoo was nuts. Never stayed there but dropped by to see friends at times.

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

My point is you are still assigned a spot. Why? They have plenty of space. I get it if you have power. We used to be able to camp wherever we wanted.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

9. dmj_88

dmj_88 Active Member

Huh?

I’d say:
    Elias/Gerloff
    Fong/Eslick
    May/May
    Barnes
    Landers/Landers

10. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Because it's a motorcycle race, not fucking Woodstock

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because you can't trust people to not be stupid. And it's income.

beac83 and DrA5 like this.
  12. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Because they don't want people setting up tents on Firemans hill, Turn 14, or Turn 5 blocking actual spectator viewing. They do have a lot of space......which includes dedicated camping spots. Problems solved.

Steady T likes this.
  13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

When did they allow camping where ever you wanted? I've been going for almost 20 years now which is a spit in the bucket compared to how long others have gone I know... But I don't remember ever being able to camp where ever you wanted.

DrA5 and G 97 like this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

20 years is a long time. :beer:

Can’t ever remember where camping was a free for all inside the track. It’s always been in designated controlled areas. It was a huge deal when they first allowed it in 2002 or so. Although, I’ve never camped there outside of the upper RV paddock or the paddock itself.

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

That's right! They didn't allow camping in there for a while and that is why the zoo across the street was such a... well... ZOO! LOL

Oh the good ole days of free for all stunts up and down 67, campers on fire, random nudity. Only in our memories now.

This whole area was a gigantic party for years

upload_2019-5-28_14-57-7.png

5axis and G 97 like this.
  16. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

You didn't have to park your RV with in a defined box before. I used to park in the field outside of T14 before. No predefined site number/box.

17. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

The first time I went to RA as a high schooler to watch my older brother race, I passed the zoo and thought “holy shit” that place is NUTZ. It was daytime and it looked like a mad max movie. I kind of wish I got to experience that.

grasshopper likes this.
  18. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Let it go, dude. Turn the page.

r6boater likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Next pod cast. Camping perils at RA.

TLR67 likes this.
  20. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

100% on the first point. But, as a caveat, there isn't a universally accepted scale for stupid. Because everyone justifies their own stupid. And that usually impacts your second point.