1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda boots Lorenzo

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, May 21, 2019.

?

Is he toast

1. Yes he's out

34.0%
  2. Nope he will win more than 1 race this season

29.1%
  3. Nope.

36.9%
  1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

He is smart but he is also a millenial tit baby. He'll do what his mommy and daddy tell him.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Had to fix the poll. He's not going anywhere but doubt he'll win anything at this point. Granted, he is good so who knows.

BigBird likes this.
  3. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

If KTM had another truckload of money would it not be better spent fixing their machine?

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Thanks, I finally voted on the option worth voting for.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I think they're doing pretty good already

6. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

The latest "Dear George" is hilarious. Saw it today on facetoobs

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I contend that they don't mash themselves to smithereens, fight everybody including the docs and officials and the team to be able to grid up if they are playing "the game".

Stick to the rain thread with that BS.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You see it your way...I see it mine. No one makes the jump from the seat of a race bike of a winning team to a team that can't finish on the podium unless money is involved. Personal challenges be damned. It is about money and anyone telling you any different is blowing smoke up your ass.

FYI...I don't blame any of them for making that decision. They'd be stupid not to do so.

9. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Agreed mostly. For the majority of them, taking the money at a non-winning factory is a much better decision than making comparative peanuts at a satellite team. Look at Zarco. Yeah he’s hating life, but in 10 years he’ll be very happy with his choice. I remember something Scott Russell said (paraphrasing):

“Every day I was on the Harley I regretted it. Now I’m grateful every day that I rode for Harley.”

For fans it’s easy to talk shit about how someone should gamble on winning instead of taking money. We’ve had 18 seasons in the four stroke era and 5 champions, clearly winning ain’t happening for almost all of them. It’s an amazing job, but still a job.

10. I agree...for the most part...until money is no longer a factor.

While it isn't imaginable to us, there is a point where money is no longer a concern. He has been paid millions over many years. He could walk away right now and not have to do shit the rest of his life. Once someone reaches that point, they can think/dream of other challenges and/or things they want to accomplish before they retire. Whether it is winning on multiple brands just to show everyone they aren't a "one hit wonder", or taking on the challenge of turning a shit bike into a winner, so on and so forth.

If someone needs the money, then they have to go/stay where the money is. But once money isn't a concern, they are free to chase whatever challenges they want.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We call that "Stonering it" :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Sounds like Honda needs to give him wha my he wants....

Ducati was stubborn,, until they weren’t and we saw what happened...

I’m pretty certain Honda is even more stubborn than Ducati except at least the Ducati is competitive with others than just their one star rider.

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

He’ll win one by the ending the season.

D.Emmitt was taking about his fitness since he’s been injured but I don’t know, all the Duc riders say it’s a beast to ride full distance so...

This thread reminds me of the one in year one at Duc. I was very skeptical that he would win at Duc after half season and almost sure that he wouldn’t by the end of year one. Then he found what he needed and BOOM.

How many people other than Marc and Stoner have jumped on a Honda(factory or sat) and have gone quick with in 1/2 a year?

Mugello is next and JL loves that place. I think he’s going to go well.

zjay likes this.
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Dani: 2nd in his first race and won his 4th (and Casey completely struggled his first year on the satellite bike).

BHP41 likes this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dani entered on a bike built Completely around him.

Casey had shit for tires.

Comparing apples to Dildos

stk0308 likes this.
  16. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Rossi if I'm not mistaken also went fast right of the bat... but that was GP500.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

:confused:

Didn't Nicky Win the Championship that year?

BHP41 likes this.
  18. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Rossi,Dani,Casey and Marc. I would rate all of them as better all around riders than Lorenzo. Not that Lorenzo is bad, he’s certainly one of the best. His 5 titles prove that. He just seems to have more trouble adapting. Where Marc is able to adapt to what the bike won’t do and make the best of it, Lorenzo seems he needs it all to be just right before he can go quick. Once he gets it though, he’s very fast. I can’t see after 5 races how you give up on Lorenzo. I still say he’ll get it by the end of the year and score a win.

19. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

And then on a 4 stroke 990 Honda, and then 3 years later on a 4 stroke yamaha to spank his main competitor.....AGAIN. Truly the greatest story after all Biaggi's bitching.

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Yep. On a bike completely built around him. :D He was the only Honda rider to have that bike for all of 2006. Eventually Melandri and Stoner got the Pedrosa bike. It helped Melandri become more consistent. It didn't help Stoner at all.