1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recourse For Online Purchase (GM Expertise needed too)

Discussion in 'General' started by t500racer, May 22, 2019.

1. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Long story: Purchased loaded calipers from https://www.cquence.net/ for a 1995 Chevy G30 1 ton extended van, brake code JD7. Filled out the correct information, double checked it and paid. Calipers/pads received in a timely fashion, however they will not fit as they are the Bendix type that uses a spring to retain the pads, not the Delco type as on my van that use slider pins to retain the pads/caliper.

Merchant claims that I ordered the wrong type and is fighting the refund/return. One of the questions asked when ordering was 2.5" or 3.5" rear brake shoes, mine has 3.5" because I did the drums last year. They are claiming that my vehicle has the 2.5" rear shoes, which determines the Bendix type caliper. This is getting very aggravating, the van is completely stock, I even offered to send them pictures of the front calipers/rear drums. Cquence is dragging their feet and hoping I will go away. I paid using a Visa backed debit card. What options do I have? I want to return the calipers and pads for a refund as I had to source the calipers locally to get the vehicle back on the road. Thanks.

2. Why do you need brakes being parked down by the river?

turner38 likes this.
  3. t500racer

It's a bitch when it rolls down into the water. Damn near drowned last time.

busa99 likes this.
  4. Bring some wheel chocks :). As far as the van have you checked to see what “options” were available that year? They will sometimes mix n match stuff like brakes, especially on vans and trucks.

ducnut likes this.
  5. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yep, never know what ends up on some vehicles. Thats why I always buy local. Much easier to deal with issues when you walk in the store.
    Only use Amazon/Ebay/wallmart for hard to find stuff that is cheap enough its worth the gamble. Calipers are usually cheap enough locally it isnt worth paying shipping to mail order and even have a chance at having a issue.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

did you use them, I assume no. Paypal or thru their own payment system? If paypal, you can file a dispute. If not, open a dispute with the CC company.

7. t500racer

Did not use Paypal. Inspected the items, did not use or install them. I usually buy local for auto parts, but thought I was doing the right thing ordering loaded calipers, actually paid a little more for them as they were supposed to be brand new with better quality pads.

I'm over the initial frustration of getting the wrong parts, shit happens, things get listed incorrectly. Not the first time, won't be the last, but I have never had a company go to such lengths to keep me from returning an item. I would have even been willing to suck up a "restocking" fee, but these guys are fighting tooth and nail over what amounts to less than $200. I've been very cordial in all my communications, but my patience is wearing thin.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I have a rule not to do business with any entity that spells things funny. Like "Dawgs, Werkes, Werkz, Speedz, Cquence, Rox, Cawz, Sprox", that sort of thing.

Dead serious here. If they can't spell that's enough reason to skip. Hope they make it right for you.

BHP41, Chris, bpro and 3 others like this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

That's an xtreem point of view

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I bet they drop shipped them, so they don't want them back to have on hand and likely never sell.

sheepofblue and BigBird like this.
  11. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You can’t run debit on interwebs. It’s technically a check card. It was run as credit. Call the bank and file a chargeback. Tell them you have the merchandise available for return and you attempted to do so with the merchant but they refused. It’s that easy. You’re making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

ducnut likes this.
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

You know, I think you're actually on to something there.
    I'm adopting that rule.

Canadian Bacon likes this.
  13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Fuck that, this problem demands a beeb-worthy solution.

speedluvn likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

[​IMG]

ducnut and badmoon692008 like this.
  15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

So the calipers didn't interchange?
    On both my 78 [73-87 generation] and my 98 [88-98 gen] I've put heavy GVW 3/4 [or light gvw 1ton, same difference] calipers and pads on my 1/2ton rotors without issue. Just noticed this is a 1ton, so it must be the GVW difference. You can also look up your braking system code via the vin and see if your right or the company is.

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Werke, or your example of the plural Werkes, is not an incorrect spelling.

It's a somewhat out of date term, but it's not incorrect. :D

17. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Involving 3' screwdrivers?

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

gonna leave out Rockshox huh...

Steeltoe likes this.
  19. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

You can go to your local magistrate and file for a small claims yourself. Sometimes the hearing notice is enough for them to give you the money back. And no you don’t need an attorney to do that.

20. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So you never DV8 from this?