1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IndyCar

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Sep 4, 2018.

1. michaelrc51

michaelrc51 Well-Known Member

Amazing.

Alonso sounds like a decent guy, when McLaren offered to buy their way in he said no. Said he wasn’t going to push another driver out that qualified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

McLaren wouldn't be buying a car that is capable of winning the race, so there's no point in it for Alonso. I understand the sponsor aspect of it but he's not there to just be in the show.

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Al Jr seems to get a DUI about 2-3 years during the month of May, this is his third one.

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think Alonso has handled this situation very well. He has given many interviews, even when he was trying to leave the track (except for bump day)
    I knew he was in trouble at a practice session Sunday morning. On the radio he said what are we doing? It all seems like a joke.

I've been at the track on many special occasions....Foyt's tearful last lap retirement speech, Willie T Ribbs making the race, Luyendyk's 237+ lap, but I've never seen as much media coverage as Alonso had this weekend.

5. That mans got some serious issues.

6. He’s a true racer, he had the chance to be in the show but without the car capable of being competitive he opted not to.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's about stupid with Uber everywhere.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Unser was arrested driving his VW Beetle.

His last DUI was leaving the Classy Chassis Gentlemen's Club!

9. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

IndyCar is using the Red Bull canopy from 2020 on.....

Indy Lights: The fact that the Freedom 100 didn't end up in a steaming pile of IndyLights cars is a miracle based on the dicing the last five laps. Kudos.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I just hope the weather forecast is wrong, because as of now it looks like the 500 won't get off until Tuesday.

11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I think that "aero shield" looks good. I like the way they molded the roll hoop area to make it look appealing.

John Andretti's son Jarrett was in the Lights race, John isn't doing well.

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

They have been wrong on the forecast the last three days, keeps saying all day rain, but have only received a 30 minute blast of rain each day.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. joec

joec brace yourself

I think the windshield thing looks rad. Having the drivers head out there just didn't make sense anymore with all of the aero now.

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Robert Wickens drove one of the Acura NSX pace cars today in Toronto. The crowd loved it. His girlfriend was in the passenger seat, she was a little scared in some spots.

15. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Know i remember why i don't like Will Power...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

17. kangasj

kangasj Banned

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

McLaren wants to sign Colton Herta for a full time ride in IndyCar, and have Alonso just race Indy.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

900 HP sounds interesting though.

20. kangasj

kangasj Banned

It will not sound as good as 900 HP from a small displacement turbocharged engine spinning a gazillion RPM's.

michaelrc51, R1Racer99 and TLR67 like this.