1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Lawn Mower Lift

Discussion in 'General' started by SuddenBraking, May 21, 2019.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Did a search and didn't see anything, so apologies if I missed a previous thread. Long story short, need a lift to do some work on my zero turn and after reading the reviews on Amazon it seems like most are hit or miss for quality.

So my question is - who's the "Pit Bull" of mower lifts? I'm more than happy to pay up for quality so I don't crawl under my mower and get crushed by some Chinese bullshit manufacturing tolerances.

2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

3. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Ritchie,
    He's talking about a service lift, not lifted lawnmowers...

socalrider, tony 340, Chris and 9 others like this.
  4. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Depends on how serious of lift you want. BendPak makes a nice, 2-post setup. If you want something for only deck work, Jungle Jim’s lift is amongst the best. It’s quick, light, and simple.

6. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like you just found a way to justify to the wife why you need two motorcycle lifts. :D

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

:beer:

tophyr likes this.
  8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I can do every bit of work my mower requires with set of these...

[​IMG]

9. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I got this setup pretty cheap. Been using it 5 or so years. No shitty chinese welds, doesnt rust, and i can flip it over and use it to haul off the cut grass that ended up in the driveway when i am done.

Attached Files:

FastByKids, rd400racer, Spitz and 3 others like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

This thread got me thinking that we have some whacked out mother f@ckers around here beyond the obvious cash thrown at motorcycles and leather power ranger suits. Gun nuts who spend thousands tactifooling out everything from a high dollar custom ARs to a $100 mosin nagants. We have watch nuts who geek the F out over a sub that has red markings versus white. Fishing nuts who spend hundreds on the reel to go on custom polls. Grills, smokers, cameras, whiskeys, those freaks who drink IPAs and almost everything else.

and today, we discover we have lawn mower nuts! :crackup:

11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Don't forget people that buy high end audio, fancy fire pits and oh yeah - carbon fiber lacrosse sticks! :D

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm not saying that a lawn mower lift, a lifted lawn mower or a lawn mower with BBS rims and flames painted on the side aren't NEEDED, just saying that we learned we have people that are really really into their lawn mowers. :D

and high end audio and CF lacrosse handles are NEEDED. :D No opinion on fire pits except it has fire it's it's name so it's not a bad start. :D

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

right now i'm deadlifting the front and hold it up with a 4x4. with all the dirt in the yard, the deck always gets gummed up... the wash routine now involves a pressure washer. i really thought about building a nice ramp, but the 2 motorcycle lift idea seems great. but what would i do with all the mess then, esp. with the stands inside...

last time i removed the deck and slid it out to the side with the LM on the ground. still a pain in the ass. there has to be a better solution.

thinking about building a "spray board" to shove under the deck that has multiple nozzles... i don't know... as much as i love mowing, cleaning that thing aggravates the shit out of me.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Altoz TRX, FTW! The only ZTR you’ll ever see with billet aluminum parts on it.

Attached Files:

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm out! I have no idea on what that is, what it's for and why you'd want it. :D Mount a potato gun on the back and you can pretend you're chasing Rommel around north africa in your M3 maybe?

ducnut likes this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

i've seen some people make holes in the deck with a nozzle that they can attach a garden hose to and clean it

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Don’t use a pressure washer or you’ll be replacing spindle bearings and watching your deck rust away. Moisture is the last thing you want to introduce. The Jungle Jim’s lift and scraping are the way.

Is your yard weeds? Weeds hold moisture and are sticky, when mowed. Momentum, available from SiteOne (check online for your local store), is a great product that is safe for a layman to use. Mixed at 2oz/gal, it’ll kill everything but the grass. Weeds will be laid down, within 24hrs. While there, ask about fertilizer with pre- and post-emergent. I use a product from Lebanon, before my first mow of the year. It’s fairly inexpensive, will take care of any weeds, for at least the first half of the year.

I don’t know where you live or what type of grass you’re mowing. But, a short cut height will cause major deck clogging and clumping. Also, don’t mow early morning or late evening, because the dew accumulation will cause issues, as well.

18. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

[​IMG]

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A Snapper push more I had in the early 80's had that as a built in feature, worked great. Plug hose in, fire up more for a minute or two and voila.

BigBird likes this.
  20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Is it safe for Zoysia grass?

TurboBlew likes this.