1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda boots Lorenzo

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, May 21, 2019.

?

Is he toast

1. Yes he's out

34.0%
  2. Nope he will win more than 1 race this season

29.1%
  3. Nope.

36.9%
  1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

The talk is already starting that Honda will punt dear George at the end of the season.

What say the beeb

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I don't think even Honder would do that. I think he'll eventually figure it out, but I don't mnd seeing him struggle.

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Makin room for lil Marquez

4. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

That would be a waste of a good seat.

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

He probably won't win a race this year but they won't fire him after the first season.

BigBird likes this.
  6. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

He gets one more year at Honda. He will remember how to ride just in time to secure his Suzuki contract. It is inevitable.

7. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

not sure hes out but not looking good for a win. they kept pedrosa around a long time, but somehow Lorenzo seems to be doing worse along with higher expectations. not a good combo. im sure hes not cheap either. a young guy could do no worse for allot less.

BigBird likes this.
  8. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Does he really only have a 1yr contract?

9. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

They wouldn't be smart to do that... learn from Ducati. Just when he figured it out they let him go.

And I'm not voting in the poll, the options suck :p

10. ton

ton Arf!

i do love a good clickbait title.

busa99, scottn and notbostrom like this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Thought he got $8m some currency for 2 years ($4M per)

Sent from my smatrfone

12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Honda solved their Ducati problem by hiring Lorenzo. He ain't going anywhere end of the season. They should be thankful.

13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Lorenzo is on a Honda?? Damn.............I really am outta the loop:oops:

motoboy likes this.
  14. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

You wouldn't know by watching the races, he's never close enough to the front to be part of the video stream.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Rossi still races motorbikes

Sent from my smatrfone

16. britx303

Between work,cutting cable,work,no longer having a RRW subscription,and work........I haven't watched a race in years besides tid bits of the TT each year.

17. britx303

I always liked that youngin'. good to see he's still around:p

Gorilla George, BigBird and Sabre699 like this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It'll be the same as his run at Ducati.

He won't do anything this year....and then have a couple flashes of brilliance in 2020 and they fizzles out.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Who knows what the big red evil empire will do.... they're fickle. It's funny how Pedro seems to quite fondly remembered now after years of lackluster results. Anyone think JL will have the same treatment???

I'll throw out this conspiracy theory:

JL shows great speed at the end of his Duc contract, convincing Honda to back up the money truck to his estate with a huge upfront salary and standard win bonuses. He then does his standard Princess and the pea routine.

Bautista goes to WSB and takes a modest salary with huge bonus structure for wins. You know the rest.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

What exactly is his problem with the Honda? Is it like the Duc was for Stoner - somehow Marquez has figured out how to tame the beast by being crazier than it is, or is Lorenzo just a pussy?

badmoon692008 likes this.