1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mueller report is out....kind of

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Motofun352, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, making fun of you for posting silly nonse4nse really has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with making fun of YOU for YOUR words :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A part of that is at the time is was also the bottom forum on the list and where we sent the threads that were being bad in General.

sheepofblue likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not without knowing the exact details of what they said to him. Same for Lynch. Which would be why I've never called for Bill to be prosecuted for obstruction :D

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

At this point I am. During the Mueller investigation executive privilege was not declared a single time. Now even under Obama :Poke: there was legitimate uses of that. However once the process had run the democrats rejected the result they had been hyping for 2 years. Why? Because the result did not remove Trump which was their goal, not justice. So why should he not tell them to pound sand at every turn when the goal is not justice, not to uphold the constitution but only to destroy the intent of the voters by removing the winner that was not them. So yes very cool with it.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did DB come forward or was it part of the witchhunt by New York? Because that absolutely is a witch hunt and they clearly said so when they opened their investigation.

As for the nuts and bolts of what Joe posted it could easily be that DB is going overboard on their laundering software and what they are looking for in reaction to getting in trouble for it so things that aren't laundering and are normal cash flows due to the type of business a company is in or just how they do business moving cash around I could see the higher ups overruling the investigators. Or it could be they want to not screw with one of their bigger depositors. Dunno.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was wondering about that.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Simple, you talk to them about other issues entirely. Words matter :D

8. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

So it's about money? I mean if you spend a trillion dollars to try and hinder a presidency vs just coming out and saying, "we're going to do all we can to deny this President everything" money is the only difference.

It's been said that the way people felt about Obama led to Trump. Honest question, do you think that if Obama could have run again that he wouldn't have won?

9. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

There's a voicemail from Trump's lawyer. I need to listen to it.

10. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I would suppose that would depend on who the Republican nominee was. Obama faced pretty weak opponents, in addition to the votes he attracted in an America ready to lay rest to the spectre of racism. I do think that the democrats nominated one of the few people capable of losing to Trump this time around.

code3ryder likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Part of the reasons for SARs and the guidelines on what should be reported is based on the fact an individual bank can't really see or know everything their client is doing. The more sophisticated schemes involve multiple banks. If all the banks properly report possible suspicious activity it is the regulator's job to find the patterns and put those pieces together. They can't do that without all the puzzle pieces.

And yes, the State of NY is definitely after Trump, but just because they uncovered bad behavior from DB during that process or outside of it doesn't mean that behavior should be ignored. I am not sure if this case started with a Congressional investigation, NY investigation, Fed investigation or whistle blower. If it wasn't the latter, they certainly found a whistle blower. It would be one thing if DB has a squeaky clean reputation, but it does not so there is certainly enough here to look deeper. As to the Trump side of this, that is pretty much all smoke. Plenty of transactions wind up in SARs that are perfectly legitimate, so even if the transactions should have been reported it should be no big deal. With the money the Clinton foundation moves around and offshore, I sure they have shown up in a few SARs reports as well. Again, not a big deal as that is normal.

50Joe likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not sure NY State being after Trump has anything to do with DB - didn't they flat out say they were going to go through anything done by any Trump family member until they found something actionable?

13. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Just stopping by to see how this obstruction thing is playing out for the police state supporters in here. Seems to be going as well as that collusion thing. :crackup:

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

And I followed up with a different site. Take your pick. There are plenty reporting on Deutsche Bank's failings as a banking institution. Robby Bobby asked me a specific question and I answered him with more sources (post 1656). He failed to come back in here and reply for or against the information I provided. Then others come in behind saying it's just me being typical OMB posting when in fact I was very specifically answering a question Robby asked directly to me.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Not going to disagree with you on the snarky comment. I learned quickly how the usual suspects in the Dungeon operate. Try to find in this thread where I didn't get first before giving back.

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

And where's Nigel? No reply to my post 1683?????

17. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Gotta catch up Brendon. It's moved onto banking now.............

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Always the victim. Seems to be a pretty common theme for some.

19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

When the guy ran in NY part of his campaign was to go after Trump. Pretty clear case of persecution rather than prosecution.

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If I must... No, you have never been disrespectful to me personally. However, I have formed an impression of you based on the totality of your input. Intentionally or not, you present yourself as a jerk. It seems apparent enough that I felt it worthy of unsolicited commentary. Now, I enjoy a good debate as much as anyone, but I generally try to maintain some level of decorum. I disagree with the pickled one on just about every matter under the sun, but I doubt that he feels that I have any animosity towards him. My advice, unwanted as it may be, would be to turn down the vitriol and understand that others have a reason for believing the things that they do. Except for venom. I have no idea what to say about him.