1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Iran war.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, May 7, 2019.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about war?

brex likes this.
  2. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What is it good for?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sort of. Most of the huge numbers were Iranian assets in banks overseas released by those banks. The cash from the US was just under 2 billion and was 1/4 return of money they gave us to buy military items from the Shahs government that never got delivered because it was overthrown and 3/4 was interest on that money. Still pure bullshit but is what it is. FWIW the original I think 400k was the cash on the pallets everyone keeps focusing on. The rest was done via normal computer banking.

4. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing.

brex likes this.
  5. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Don't we need a "huh, good god y'all" in here somewhere.?

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I believe some of it was for sure. Still the release is something.

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So, the new twist is we are now warning Iran that actions by their proxy organizations (like Hezbolla) against our interests will now be interpreted as actions by Iran itself. No more hiding behind a front group. This is a major challenge to Iran as it has been their favorite way of acting. I seriously doubt they will cut it out. It will be tough for our (so called) allies to side with us when what they really want is Iran's oil. Fasten your seat belts, it's about to get bumpy.

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

This is the entire reason Pakistan has nukes and Iran has/pursues/whatever them. If your enemy has nukes that changes the calculus entirely and they can perpetrate terrorism, fund terrorist assholes etc with near impunity. The US isn’t going to do shit.

9. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If Israel receives intelligence indicating that Iran is on the verge of nuclear capability, what do they do?

10. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Israel’s calculus is a lot different than ours. I’d imagine they would launch as wide a war as needed to eliminate the capability and production facilities, and damn the consequences. Iran is playing the long game. I don’t think they actually want a nuclear arsenal, just the benefits of being able to create nuclear weapons at will. Plus if they have the capability they can always use it as a chess piece. It’s probably less valuable as a fait accompli.

11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Don't forget all of the Iranian Nuclear scientists that have been assassinated too. The best one was totally a John Woo movie style. Two bikes pulled up next to the limo carrying their top nuke guy and the bikers emptied their Uzis into the limo...problem solved. After that one they started protecting their nuke guys better.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They don't mess around: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_assassinations

15. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Even better, I believe there was more than one with motorcyclists and magnetic bombs

16. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

It’s fked up cause the people they kill are being forced to do it, not because they actually like he theocracy.

The scientist who got blown up in front of his house- “Another source found the assassination of "a 50-year-old researcher with no prominent political voice, no published work with military relevance and no declared links to Iran's nuclear program"

They don’t WANT to help a BRITISH run theocracy, if they don’t they get fucked up, if they do they get fucked up. Really feel for these guys, it’s a terrible place to be.

If anyone deserves to be blown up and hung by their guts it’s British “royalty”.

blkduc likes this.
  17. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I've gotta say hearing your perspective on Iran is very fascinating.

18. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

AND their intelligence services for participating in the coup against trump

FrancisA likes this.
  19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

While it may be true that they are being forced, in the long run, their one single
    death could mean that many other people wouldn't die, most of whom
    are no more deserving of death than the scientist is.

FrancisA likes this.
  20. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Smart motherfucker you