1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off to Valencia

Discussion in 'General' started by Bruce Lind, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Bruce Lind

Bruce Lind Well-Known Member

Two years ago three of us decided to make the season ending trip to see the last Moto GP event of the 2014 season. Did it all on our own. Along with IRTA guest passes since I know and used to race against Mike Trimbly at Daytona back in the TZ750 days!

Well three of us (different) are going again this week! Leave on Wednesday and are going the deluxe route this time with Pole Position Travel. Every thing is pre arranged from arrival thru departure at the Valencia airport and everything in between. We only have to take care of ourselves on Thursday evening as we wanted at least one day to ourselves in this grand old city.

Looking forward to all the sites and sounds. As well as the food and gatherings.

Bruce Lind

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'll be there for the 2nd year in a row. We met at a couple of the RRW 250/50 races 10 years ago... I'll yell if I see you around the pits. Have a GREAT time! :)

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Awesome! I plan on going to San Marino next year. I take it Pole Position Travel is an agency that works with Moto GP?

4. Bruce Lind

Yes and overall Pole Position seems to be VERY reasonable $$ over all.

5. Bruce Lind

Richard,
    We have been assigned to stay at the Eurostars Gran Valencia Hotel and have seating in the Purple grandstands over the garages, just before turn one. Weather looks stellar. mid 70's Mostly sunny and no chance of rain (AT THE MOMENT)

Bruce

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

i've been to Valencia in 2004. what a blast. i was there with Aprilia team Germany, where Chaz Davis rode the 250 ...

have fun man.

7. Bruce Lind

Valencia is a great little bull ring to watch a race at. Tight and twisty. Almost cannot believe they ride Moto GP bikes there. We watched from the middle of the back grand stands last time. About 5 rows up from the fence. Could see 90% of the track. Really looking forward to the premium seats this time.

If we have half as much fun as we did in 2014, it will be memorable!

Bruce

8. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Have a big time.I'm envious.

FWIIW . . . .
    Check out Moto Express as an alternative to Pole Position Travel. We used them to Assen this last year. Good folks, great set up, worry and hassle free arrangements. All went well, and if they have the type of seats/accommodations/package you're interested in, I strongly recommend them.

Cheers,

Dave

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Should be EPIC!

10. caferace

caferace No.

Valencia has the bomb afterparties. Going to the awards show?

-jim

11. Bruce Lind

Not the DORNA/FIM awards. Friday thru Sunday doing all the Pole Position Travel gatherings and parties.
    Sunday is rumored to be a good one.
    Bruce

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You got any hookups?

13. caferace

caferace No.

If I'd been going, definitely. If I hear anything though (and I likely will) I can let you know. Drop me a PM and let me know your contact info.

-jim

14. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Have fun at the races guys...lucky bastids

15. walt415

walt415 Active Member

Has anyone done the premium package (called VIP Suite with Grid) with Pole Position Travel? It's $6500 at Twin Ring Motegi for 2 people without food and lodging. Or just food and lodging is $1700 for 2 people.

My wife has offered to give this to me for my 60th birthday. I'm ok with spending this much if it's really special (eg, walking around the grid while the riders are preparing to race), but I don't know if it includes this level of access.

What sayeth the beeb?

Best,
    Walt

16. See if you can find him now and ask :)

17. Does that include flights? That’s a long way in coach. F thst.