1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much gas is left in your tank?

Discussion in 'General' started by jrsamples, May 15, 2019.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

It's hard. While we might be cognizant of our own mortality, it really seems to hit home when you see those changes in somebody that you've been around literally your entire life.

My old man is realistic. He knows that once he hits his 80's next year that seems to be the decade when nobody can really escape the rapid physical decline. He's prepared to have to give up some things and modify others, but he still has lots of places he wants to travel to, enjoying his grandkids, and trying to appreciate just how far he's come. It really humbles me to think about what he was doing in his 30's compared to what I do..............then again, I'm pretty sure he worked as hard as he did to ensure just that.

Attached is a photo from 2017 when he had that German plumbing of his tuned up, and just recently letting me know how much he loves getting his photo taken............I'm enjoying his time for every second I'm blessed enough to get.

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

BigBird, G 97, bigtime and 6 others like this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Awww he is just saying you are his No. 1 son. :D

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

My own pops was a USMC DI until early 1967... when he transferred to Da Nang. All he'll ever say is that he ""counted ping-pong balls."" No word on where those scars came from.

:flag:

It hurts to see just how frail he's become... he's always been larger-than-life. :(

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Atleast y’all still have a generation above you.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn’t get any better when your the oldest generation in the familly.

5. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Thanks Dave!
    That's a great article/investigation that will make you think about your own, or a loved one's end of the road.

6. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

My buddy took a turn for the worse Thursday night, and we moved him to hospital-based hospice in the early hours of Friday.
    He passed this afternoon.

Sucks.

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sorry for that, beac. Hopefully there was some grace to it.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Definitely sucks. Glad it did go quick though.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sorry man. Glad you did what you could for him.

10. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Sucks beac. I am sorry that you don't have your friend. At least he was blessed with your loyal support.

motion likes this.
  11. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Sorry for your loss beac.

12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Its a double-edged sword.............we either watch as our parents age & decline or they are taken from us way before its time. The photo with him giving the #1 sign is awesome!!:beer:

NemesisR6 likes this.
  13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Sorry beac. Just damn. Prayers.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Sorry bud.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry for your loss. :(

16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

This is a sad thread, sorry for all the stress. I had friends die early and think the whole idea of America work your ass off for 45 years with 2 weeks vacation and you are going to live the good life when you retire at 65 is the biggest load of shit that words can't describe it. Life is short and the world is a big place. Snorkeled dos ojas cenote today in Mexico with bat caves, pretty cool. Still on the poor mans opposite retire program, took 7 months off here and there since last summer, My dad did it the American way, retired now with money in his bank account and a nice house. He does nothing but watch tv and plan his next meal out is the big adventure. No thanks

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Have you ever seen the Twilight Zone episode where two
    people die and one goes to hell and one goes to heaven
    and they're both in the same place?

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

+1000

Sorry about your friend.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If you’re going to work your whole life, at least own a farm or ranch and do it the honorable way. I’ve never understood the corporate slave culture and will spend my entire life fighting that, Dawg willing.

20. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Life is short, have fun, got my next adventure, night diving with saltwater crocodiles in Mexico.