1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alabama abortion law...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by jase, May 16, 2019.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Pie is garbage. Now let's see how brave you are.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doesn't bother me one bit :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've told you for way too damn long that while I'd hate it I'd still help you if I won't go to jail for it.

And you crazy, you know you like pie :D

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Chicken.

Yzasserina likes this.
  5. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Just like all the actors from hollyweird that are supporting abortions.........but adopting foreign kids instead of 'murican kids. Ironic ain't it?:D Posted in jest......sorta.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn skippy. I'm sure French jails are socially correct now and should have good food and wine but I don't speak enough French and I have read Les Miserables :D

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Me either. It's been a good life. :D

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

At a certain point, public funding becomes an issue of value. What makes more sense, a single abortion or a lifetime of support?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can we nuke both of them?

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

What makes the most sense is providing comprehensive sexual education at an early age in an attempt to get away from our Victorian forebears view on the subject and then providing contraception and morning after treatment readily, cheaply, and without judgement. I'm fine with using my tax dollars in support of this effort. Abortion as contraceptive is not cost effective.

12. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I would prefer that you not check out just yet. I find value in our conversations. Also, you will owe me dinner in Paris sooner than you think.

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Not true, wife has been an ICU nurse for 33 years. They unplugged two in a 10 bed unit this week. One only had one family member they could call and he didn't want that call made. Made my wife sad that there wasn't anyone else there to be with the patient. It's probably happening at least weekly in a decent sized hospital.

14. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Think this happens every April 15th. :)

pickled egg likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I missed that question but yes they can, courts have ordered men to pay support for a child that DNA tests proved was not theirs.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yup.

Child's "best interests" trump propriety.

17. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Partially related but I always liked this order of priorities when raising kids:
    1. Kids needs
    2. Parents needs
    3. Parent wants
    4. Kids wants

Fonda Dix likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Works for me.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Were you responding to me? No, you can't nuke both of them, because if you don't pay for the abortion, you wind up paying for the welfare and education. If you don't pay for the welfare and education, you're going to wind up paying for the prosecution and prison term.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But the hard right bitches about that too - almost as much as they do abortion. @CausticYarn was spot on a few pages ago when she was talking about all the ostrich parents who refuse to believe that their kids are interested in sex. They have this fear that being taught about sex will make them go out and have it, just like the fear that if they see gay people they'll turn gay, if they are taught the truth about drugs that they'll do them, etc, etc, etc.