1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I've never seen on in person, but just in pictures I can tell I'd prefer the look of the hesalite. Plus the moon!

How easy is it to buff out the crystal if it is scratched or how much would a replacement be if too far gone?

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Just goes to show : beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Would I love a Seamaster ? Of course I would. Would I love it 17.5 times more than a similar Seiko ? Not a chance. In fact, I would probably love the Seiko just as much or even more since I wouldn't be scared of scratching it or getting my arm cut by a thief lol

j cal likes this.
  3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Pulled the trigger. Had some gift cards to Macy's and they had a banging sale. Threw it on a nato I had kicking around until I order a mesh. By far my favorite watch I have.. over some that cost 20x the price.

cocktail time.jpg

j cal, Phl218, Sprinky and 1 other person like this.
  4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

What size is that?

5. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

I really like the Presage, I've been eyeballing them for a bit now.

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

There's probably a watch forum somewhere that has a thread on motorcycles and someone is probably thinking "I watch this thread and find it interesting,but deep down I could never spend that kind of money on a motorcycle simply because I would rather get another watch instead.".

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Seiko_SRPB43_Presage_Watch_p/srpb43.htm
    • Caliber 4R35
    • Vibrations: 21,600 vibrations per hour (6 beats per second)
    • Power reserve: 41 hours
    • Number of jewels: 23
    • Stainless steel case
    • Box-shaped Hardlex crystal
    • Screw see-through case back
    • Diameter: 40.5mm, Thickness: 11.8mm
    • Water resistance: 5 bar
    • Magnetic resistance: 4,800 A/m
    • Stainless steel bracelet with deployment clasp with push button release (SRPB41)
    • Calf strap with three-fold clasp with push button release (SRPB43, 44, 46)

8. peakpowersports

40.5mm Actually wears both big and small if that makes sense. It fits under a dress shirt just fine but looks more like a 42mm watch on a open wrist. The big crown may have something to do with it. But it looks plenty big when rocking short sleeves and just right when wearing a dress shirt.

JBraun likes this.
  9. peakpowersports

I will say that if they took this exact watch, put a good strap on it (the standard strap may as well be thrown away, its garbage) and a highly finished 28,800 beat moment.. this would easily be a mid 3-4 thousand dollar watch. The case finishing, dial and hands are unbelievable for the money.

10. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I have buffed a few scratches out of the hesalite... it cleans up pretty easy... of course that means it scratches pretty easy as well. It’s pretty soft plastic for sure.

No idea what a replacement would be......

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

upload_2019-5-16_14-8-41.png

added to wanted list

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

@Phl218 Glad to see we are enablers... LOL..

13. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Where one would look for a "good" strap? Are they sized a certain way, or certain straps go with certain watches? I liked that Seiko and ordered one too.

14. peakpowersports

www.strapcode.com for a nice selection of stainless braclets

https://mansarea.com/en for high quality leather straps. I've gotten a couple from them and they are fantastic. They are in Spain so allow a couple weeks or so for delivery

15. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

Some of those stingray straps at Mansarea look pretty awesome.

https://www.toxicnatos.com/ Has some awesome NATO straps. Its a small business, and the owner is a great guy. He offers a discount to veterans / law enforcement as well.

16. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

I did a search on this forum first so here goes - Anybody have any info about GRD watches. They are one of those 'single' hand watches with only a twist on that idea as they are running a line that resembles auto tachometers. I have a chance to do a group buy on a car enthusiast forum at 20% off and am considering. My daily wear is a GMT 'coke' and I bought a Tissot Nicky Hayden the year he won GP championship but have never worn it. Anyway, I think they are using 'swiss' quartz movement so it's just a watch of probably medium quality however they seem decently built. Anyway, what says the hive? https://grdwatch.com/

17. ton

ton Arf!

at that pricepoint and with a quartz movement, there's no collectors value, so.....

do you like the way they look and will you wear it? simple as that.

Jedb and Supergirl like this.
  18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I expected to shit on them but I kinda like it. They should make a 2006 R6 version. 24 hour register with the redline at 17:30. :D

5axis and black knight like this.
  19. black knight

black knight Well-Known Member

That's funny.
    I know what you mean. I was looking at another company that does the single hand design, kind of odd ball thing but might be interesting.
    But setting this up like a tacho makes it very appealing. And it's not a lot of money, so going in I don't have any ideas on collectability etc, but might be a nice novelty thing.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

at least 3 of my 8 watches are because of this place...

cha0s#242 likes this.