1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The International North West 200 | 2019, May 12th - 18th

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 8, 2019.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

2. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

A bit off topic while there is a break in the NW 200, but has anyone here been to the Ulster GP ? Due to the regular postings by Steeltoe and others I have become a fan of Irish road racing and it's time to see a race. I am going to a friends wedding first weekend in August in Dublin so the GP is nearby the following week. I signed up with Pole Position racing tours but they cancelled the Ulster race. The race website just has a list of hotels with not much info. I thought about renting a motorcycle(Phillip Mcallum Cycles) for the week and go up the coast after the race but maybe that would a bit of a hassle/cost seeing as I will be sitting at a corner most of the race. Any input from experienced Ulster GP fans would be much appreciated. These riders are gods.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not sure myself but maybe try the Ulster Grand Prix Supporters group on Facebook and send them a message. Someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.ugpsc.com/
    Also
    Irish Road Racing Group Skerries
    Kells Road Races Group

They are all pretty active and someone might have a connection. Wish I was going!

4. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Call Kings In in Castwellan, Co. Down. Ask for John King. John has secured parking for bikes at his house which is behind the bar/hotel. He'll sort you out with lodging, food, craic and all you need to know about attending UGP. Tell em Ciaran Mac an Bhaird from San Diego hooked you up. John is married to my cousin Fionnula.

Steeltoe likes this.
  5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Dean Harrison track record smashed! Geezus. That was unexpected.

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  7. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Dunlop doesn't seem comfy at all.

8. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Irwin, Boom.

Steeltoe likes this.
  9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Well. Glen Irwin was not a fluke. This is nutso.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Are they adopting? :D

11. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Most people adopting are looking for cute
    “ Little “ Kids .... not Gargoyles :D

12. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies, you guys are awesome! I will be contacting John at Kings Inn.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well hell. I can pour a pint of Guinness tho!

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

It’s impossible to pour only one

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

One at a time - pouring that is. Given the time it takes to pour properly it's good to order your next one with one or two sips to go in the current pint :D

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

17. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Steeltoe likes this.
  18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I was in a pub one Sunday night in Dublin in the late 80's. It was pretty empty and I couldn't understand why there were so many staff behind the bar. At around 9:55 they started pouring pints of Guinness (well doing it properly and half filling the glasses) and stacking them behind the bar. By 10:15 the place was heaving and the bar staff were working flat out, turned out that was about time mass finished at the local church.

19. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Phanuel likes this.