1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges Motorcycle Track Record

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, May 13, 2019.

1. racerx43

racerx43 Well-Known Member

+1

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The main structure is strong enough but the roadbed is suspect. Over the years bits have fallen onto the track so they keep it to smaller vehicles only.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And back to the OP - Vasiliy was flat out moving. Hitting 1:05's all day long during the races. It'll be fun to see what he does in August/September with more rubber down and better track temps. I think it was his time on the Grom during the mini stuff that made all the difference :D

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Before this weekend, the last time I was there (in 2011, maybe?), I didn't feel comfortable pulling a 14ft trailer over the bridge with a dinky Dodge 1500. It didn't look like it got any better with age, so I definitely didn't feel comfortable rolling over it with a 17 ft box truck pulling a 24 ft trailer. Regardless of what they the track says, I won't be using the bridge.

5axis likes this.
  5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

That surface looks immaculate.

I was guessing two seconds faster with the repave. After seeing that video, I'd say three.

Hope the lack of run-off doesn't bite anyone in the next round, when new-lap-record mentality kicks in.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I didn't see any areas of major concern with regard to runoff (especially compared to the past) but we are working on more protection as well. Even had crashes in areas where they'd have hit things with the old setup and this time nothing but ground.

bacolmm, Jon Wilkens and ekraft84 like this.
  7. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Awesome to see someone run so well at a track they've never been to. Very impressive.

speedluvn likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just to make it more impressive :D

I was curious so went through all of our events since 2007 (as far back as I have easy access to) - the fastest at one of our events between then and our last one in 2014 was Matt Lynn on a Kaw 1k doing low 1:07's...

9. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

to put it in perspective for people who haven't been to Nelson's.
    It's around the same length as Summit but with 3 more turns and @ 10 seconds a lap quicker.

10. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

As long as they smooth out the dirt in the runoff area things should be fantastic. In the past, if you left the tarmac you'd eat shit from a rut left by a Miata. The dirt has always been deep with ruts and if thats fixed thats a great start.

ekraft84 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Obviously not an issue last weekend given that all the dirt was soft :D

The new owner is out there daily working his ass off and is hugely into having us back and keeping you guys safe. I'm sure if there are any issues like that they'll be addressed.

12. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

'05
    Batey - 1:06.226

13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Last time i was there was 06 and the pavement was quite horrible. I imagine 05 wasn't much better which makes that a really impressive time.

14. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Who you calling "dinky"?? :eek:

Ram 1500 owner here.. :p

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds right. Someone at the track Friday said it was a 1:05.568 - figured that was as good a number as any to use as I have no info what happened with other orgs there.

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Ha. My 1500 is a 2000, has the shitty 5.3, can barely do truck things, and it sucks. But it's worth more to me to have a pickup the 1 or 2 times a year I need one than it would be to get it out of my garage since it's not worth anything. So mine is dinky.

sbk1198 likes this.
  17. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I'm in awe by that time. I haven't been there since they paved it and knew that a new record was coming but damn. That track like none other that I've rode the best way is to scrub speed, don't ever hammer the brakes other that T3, T12/13. This is the last time I rode there and we all clicked off 1:09.xx lap times in this video. Those of us that rode it are proud we were able to do that with it like it was.

18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I was thinking “man that was a good save in 13” and then you threw it away just after that in 4! Who were you chasing at first, and then who passed you guys? That video gave me a headache from all the bumps making your helmet bounce around

19. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

That looks dreadful

20. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Watch this one, ff to ~9:30. The good ole days.

renegade17 and ekraft84 like this.