1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine coolant

Discussion in 'Tech' started by MVA25, May 13, 2019.

1. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Anyone here have experience with or anything good to say about Evans NPG Waterless Coolant?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

um its glycol based so not good for closed course bikes.

3. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Water wetter, Mocool, or straight water

The.Johnner likes this.
  4. MVA25

MVA25 Well-Known Member

Guess if I wouldn’t have been so lazy and looked, I would have saw that. Thanks. Was just curious. No need to go any further with this thread. Water Wetter all the way.

The.Johnner likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

well that and the unpressurized system requirements. They have cool schwag funnels tho

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Quick way to tell legality for us for racing - if it protects from freezing it won't be legal.

The.Johnner likes this.
  7. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I used it last year racing with "the other guys" and had no complaints, and enjoyed being able to leave it in over the winter and have freeze protection. Towards the end of last year I had a buddy that got pretty messed up from a crash after a slightly damaged rad cap allowed his overflow to overflow while using a similar product and it put him down really quick once it splashed onto his rear tire. Could it have still happened with a water based product? probably, but the extra peace of mind is worth it to me, so this year I switched to Evans Trackwater product which is similar to the products suggested above by others.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The reason I banned it again after allowing it for a while is quite simply that it's a gazillion (possibly not an exact measurement) times more slippery than just water and it doesn't evaporate quickly where water or water with an allowed additive does.

CR750, Jon Wilkens and badmoon692008 like this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

What about Engine Ice? I’ve not ever raced, but, have used it in all my bikes, street and trackday, the last 13yrs.

10. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

Engine Ice is not legal when racing with WERA.

ducnut likes this.
  11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Que the tire and oil debate threads in 3......2...........1.............

12. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Engine Ice is not legal with many trackday orgs either

13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

It used to be, under Monte and Bonnie, at STT. But, ownership and times have changed. I’ll have to be sure and research that, as I’m hoping to get back out there.

14. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

I do not care about you crashing but running any glycol product and taking me out when you leave it on the track is not nice at all. I know you would not leave it on purpose but when riding a motorcycle on the track at speed shit does happen.

javyday likes this.