1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R6 YEC ECU/Harness QS problem.

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, Jun 22, 2018.

1. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Hey guys, I have this weird problem with this bike and hoping someone has an idea.

The bike is a 08 R6 with kit ecu and harness.

I can not get the QS to work. I have tried 3 different sensors and they are dynojet 4-102 and no luck.

I have checked all 3 sensors with a meter and all check good.

Checked with the meter from the QS plug on the harness to the plug on the ECU and checks good.

Swapped ECU and still same issue and then swapped harness and still same issue.

Any ideas?

2. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

What do the shift cut times look like? If you have proper connections and proper voltage in and out of ECU, you should be good to go.

3. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Shift times I have tried several 75-70-65-60-55, 65-60-60-55-50 plus others.
    Voltage is 2.50

4. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

5. drop

drop Well-Known Member

I can look at my software tomorrow to compare if you'd like.

6. Chako

Chako Well-Known Member

there is a resistor pack that has to be plugged into the harness. It comes as part of the harness kit.
    In my experience it is tucked away under the ECU in the void there.
    is it there, and is there continuity and resistance through the pack?
    If not, there will be no voltage going to the ecu to read. The resistor pack prevents you from shorting the 12v to ground through hte shifter.

7. Scythe72

Scythe72 Member

Envy, I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution? Someone mentioned to me that I might need to use a different QS than the DJ 4-102 which is normally closed and go with one that is normally open (no resistance) at rest.

8. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Yes I figured it out. It was the speed/gear sensor that went bad.
    Replaced sensor and all good.

9. Scythe72

Scythe72 Member

How did you diagnose the bad sensor or did you just keep replacing stuff until you figured it out? Can you confirm the model of DJ QS you are using?

10. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

I can not remember how I figured that out but that was it.
    If I recall you can nude either sensor with the yec.

11. DonTZ125

DonTZ125 Purveyor of Neat Toys

You could also use one of my PUSH or PULL sensors, US$125 + 15 shipping.