1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson Ledges Motorcycle Track Record

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, May 13, 2019.

1. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I think there may be a new track record.

Congrats Vasiliy Zhulin.

1:05.198

JBall, steve802cc, j cal and 2 others like this.
  2. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

R1!!

3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Dude was flat out ripping around there. Impressive to watch, to say the least.

Kyle Brosius and metricdevilmoto like this.
  4. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

That is an impressive time. What did folks think of the improvements to the track?

5. IWANNAGOFAST15

IWANNAGOFAST15 #NEVERFORGET

I thought the track was amazing! Great grip and very good on tires. Ran CSS CSB Saturday and tires looked brand new (1:09.6 laptimes) at the end of the day.

6. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Thats retarded.. whats the avg. MPH on that.. has to be huge.

7. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

My calcs say 110.48 mph

8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

V is usually pretty good about posting up his laps on YouTube thingy. I'm pretty sure he has the record lap posted already.

We were dealing with a pretty green track (rain most of the day Friday) and ambient temps in the mid-50s. We figure there's a high :03.XX out there with warmer temps and a little more track time. Friday was the first time Vasiliy saw the track. We would have liked to have been able to push and try a few more things Sunday, but the track was wet all day.

Edit: Here's the video.

60091046_10104627204556773_8952139844180508672_n.jpg

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

well done Vasiliy ! !

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

I was there the day Tom Kipp broke the record on his OW-01 superbike and it was unfathomable that he went as fast as he did. That’s a crazy lap time for the conditions this week. Well done!

11. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Track surface looked great. Paddock still need some love, but it's trending in a positive direction. It probably wouldn't have been so apparent if not for the constant rain.

12. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

racerx43 likes this.
  13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Can you pull a big TH'er over that bridge or do they still make you cross the track?
    PS, it's been many years since I was there...the pot hole in middle of the back straight was thrilling! :eek:

14. fastedyamaha

Not sure why they did that. That’s an old train track tressle bridge, I guarantee no one had any type of vehicle that outweighs a locomotive engine.

15. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Jesus, what is the size of this track? Does the standard -1/+2 work there? Cross plane sounds great and this dudes drive off the side of the tire is impressive!

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

-1/+2 is different on a lot of motorcycles and is really only standard issue for the street guy “quick accel" kits. Gear ratio is a much more relavent number.

The track is 2 miles long and most of it is very fast.

JJJerry likes this.
  17. fastedyamaha

It’s 2 miles in length...very fun track to ride on. It’s hard to tell from his video but there’s a kink in the back straight that separates the men from boys...he downshifts once there to finish the drive into the last corner.

18. joec

joec brace yourself

He makes that loooong right hander look like the carousel at summit!

19. Sam Gaige needs to come out of retirement now.

20. The onboard was pretty impressive and I bet there’s more in it with better weather.