1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Joe,
    I have the Ruger with the 3" barrel and adjustable sights. I like it a lot, but even full 38 special loads, not even +P, have a pretty healthy recoil. I shoot it mostly with light handloads with 124 gr lead and it is nice, just like a big reloadable 22. I carry heavier loads when I am carrying it. I'll handle the recoil when I need it.

50Joe likes this.
  2. napt0wn

napt0wn Member

Do you run a can on it? HK doesn’t have suppressor height sights on it

I’d be putting a silencerco hybrid on it and save the Ghost-M for my MK18 sbr.

3. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Joe, it's probably going to come down how the grip feels in your hand. Either weapon you're looking at will serve you well.

50Joe likes this.
  4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yea, I'll go to Palmetto and try them out.

5. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It's stock but with true glo sights. The fnx45 tactical is the one that has the suppressor option

6. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I have an FNX 45t. I have a ghost in jail but that will be its primary host except a 300bo pistol w subs. Maybe a 44 special lever gun as well.

But yes the 45t is great. Love mine with a Trijicon RMR.

7. napt0wn

napt0wn Member

Nice. This would pretty much be my night stand gun

8. napt0wn

napt0wn Member

Small world. My MK18 in jail is 300 bo and I have an rmr hanging out in the safe.

How much was your slide cut for the rmr?

9. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

The fnx 45 tactical comes from the factory with slide cutout, threaded barrel and suppressor sights..

10. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I think I'll look into the short reset trigger. Took a bit of getting use to today. Put 200 9mm and 100 .357 through it. Not a bad shooter once I dialed the hammer drop. But it def has it's place.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

You know the great thing about FNX or FNS handguns is? They are set up for ambidextrous left (me) or the other hand shooters and they don't have much recoil and they have many options for customization to meet your needs. A FNX 45 holds 15 in the magazine and if you hand it to a right handed guy he can use it ASAP. Glock I'm sorry to say doesn't care about the forward thinking left handed peeps in the world, just saying.

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

And I shot a former Atlanta police Glock 4ocal a month ago. It's a nice gun for a right handed person but...

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Just got a smoking deal on a Kimber Micro 9 Desert Tan with laser grip that I couldn't pass up. Said it was used, but, it looks absolutely mint. Recommended holster? I picked up a Sticky just to have something.

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Screenshot_20190521-175007.png
    So we've been using theShotmarkers for about a month now. Boy oh boy, its easy to go through a lot more ammo now. No pit duty and no time spent swapping people out. I have to say though, I do kind of miss watching the spotter go flying when you drop another shot right on it, and the short wait before your target comes back up.

I have also started shooting slung up(no bipod, just a sling and glove) since these arrived. They tell you you fps at the target as well as your SD and group size. For ~$800, they are great.

Here is my last string from 1000 yards last week. The X is 10" diameter. Because I am just getting into this type of shooting, I wasn't watching the wind very closely and just trying to shoot a good waterline, which I did.

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Cool! Sorry, didn't dig too hard for the old message - what range are these at? You're in Minnesota right?

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yup, Gopher Rifle and Rovolver Club in Harris, Mn.

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Does anyone know of a good vendor for Sig Suppressor height nite sights?

Looking to get a red front and white rears.

18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interesting but too much money for what it is. Sadly I think that with every one of their products lately :(

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sig Sauer maybe?