1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And the number one reason I hate cars made after 2000...

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Apr 23, 2019.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Christopher got his repaired car back, insurance paid the $6100 repair bill, and the insurance company just informed us that they are terminating coverage for Christopher in 30 days.

2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Insurance can suck. I had a boo boo on my street bike that cost State Farm ~$3K. We have a law on the books here in NC that says your insurance company can increase your rates to if you have had a claim. State Farm decided to increased the premiums on my car, since they figured I could sell the bike if they hit me there.
    I called my agent about it, telling him I would be moving every policy I had if they did not reduce the rate. He tried “state law says we have to”, I fired back with “can and shall have two different meanings “. When he fell back to “you will have to pay whichever carrier you move to”, I fired back with “yes, but I won’t be paying you”. They pulled the increase back
    Probably the one and only time I will ever get one over on the man.

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I had the middle tire on my 3 axle 5th wheeler blow. No biggie except it took out a power wire to the slide out. Turns out it yanked the wire from the power head that is located in the wall requiring the living room slide to be removed. The stupid blow out caused a $4k repair bill! All was covered by the insurance including all three tires on that side of the trailer. I did pay the 500 deductible but figured that was a fair trade for 3 new tires. Erie insurance has been a fair company to deal with (so far).

BigBird and dtalbott like this.
  4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Isn't Erie just a broker for a larger underwriter?
    Do you know who their underwriters are?

I'm a USAA guy. I know Progressive is their underwriter for bikes...been that way for decades. For cars, I think USAA is their own underwriter.

Way to stand by the no-fault clause. :rolleyes:

dtalbott likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I'm waiting for the letter from my insurance company bitching about the very large check they're cutting on less than $600 in policy premiums...

And I would love to know how much the rental truck has cost them for the three extra weeks of stupid human games they played.

dtalbott likes this.
  6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

And the letter says that now both losses are considered at-fault.

7. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Good for you. :flag:

If I run into that problem, I'll try to remember your tactic.

8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Remind them that you have a copy of the policy and would be overjoyed to send the letter and a copy of the policy to the insurance commissioner and your attorney...

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Just throw a hook out with a ball of shit on the end and another bottom feeder will come along.

10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Not if but when you run into the problem.

11. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I bank with USAA and my motorcycles and SxS are with Foremost, thru USAA. Foremost is owned by Farmers Ins Group.

Just a FWIW.

12. fastfreddie

Huh...maybe they've switched underwriters on me. I rarely have contact with them.

13. gapman789

Maybe it's a regional thing...Maybe Progressive underwrites in some parts of the country for USAA?

foremost4.JPG

14. fastfreddie

No idea. My rates have always been good since '86, I ain't complainin'. :D

15. gapman789

Word....maybe checkout Foremost though...
    '18 Polaris XP Turbo
    '16 Apriia Tuono
    '13 Apriia RSV4
    '13 Harley Davidson Night rod special
    '13 Yamaha WR450F (comp only)

Full coverage, 100k/300k, $500 deduct, accessory/trailer/gear,helmet/roadside/towing/trip interruption, etc....for $96.25 mo.

And trackdays are covered.

:offtopic: :D

BigBird likes this.
  16. fastfreddie

I can barely recount the vehicles on my policy and there's a few with no specific coverage at all (home owners?).
    Even had to go with K&K on a couple bikes for a while to cover the off-track/storage when I hauled them around the country.
    Insurance is an odd game.

17. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

both losses? Ski

BigBird likes this.
  18. fastfreddie

At me?
    Yes, insurance is a two-time losers game. Pay the premiums, get claims denied. :D

19. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

both losses? Ski

20. fastfreddie