1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Why do you want holographic and not just a RDS if you are on a budget?

Ride safe,
    AAron

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:stupid:
    Red dots are dirt cheap compared to a legit holographic sight.

DucatiBomber likes this.
  3. napt0wn

napt0wn Member

I have a VP9 and love it. Have you shot the HK45? I’m undecided between that and the FNX45.

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I have a cheapy on one of my 10/22s. I like it for the plinking, and the ‘two eyes open’ usability. I’ve been out of the game for a while... are the conventional ‘tube style’ RDS a two eyes open deal or is it more like a conventional scope?

5. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Have you used a RDS?
    Not sure why you are asking about two eyes if you have..

Ride safe,
    AAron

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

:clap:love mine

napt0wn likes this.
  7. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I want a small revolver for concealed carry. I'm in a wheelchair so size and access matters and I want a revolver for quick and easy access and use. Don't want a gun with a clip that I have to chamber, etc. I'm down to two models. Ruger LCR .38 special with added laser sight or Smith and Wesson Bodyguard .38 which comes with a laser grip. Opinions on the two?

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Do you prefer 6 or a half dozen? Go to a range, hold/handle/shoot both. Buy the one you like the best.

50Joe likes this.
  9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I would consider Ruger SP101 in 357. Unless you already weeded it out.

50Joe likes this.
  10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Except for the fact that it weighs a 1/4 ton. I just got rid of mine.Weighed too much and it had a shit site. A 10' pistol at best.

50Joe likes this.
  11. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Pretty happy with this set up
    [​IMG]

triplestrong and 50Joe like this.
  12. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Joe, I had a S&W 638, which is very similar to the Bodyguard in regards to size. The only reason I say "had" is because my mother in law saw it and had your same requirements so now it's hers. It worked well in my front pants pocket but apparently even better in her purse!

50Joe likes this.
  13. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Palmetto has the Vortex Sparc AR red dot on sale now with 10 magpul AR mags for $212 all-in. Use the discount code. I have one of these on my KelTec KSG (just because) and it holds up to the constant abuse of a BP shotgun. I really dig the lifetime warranty the Vortex optics carry. It's a solid buy in my opinion. Just ordered another for the hell of it.

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

What is the code

15. triplestrong

Who has a Sig P250? Any good? I just grabbed one used in excellent shape for $250 bucks. Set up in .357 sig now. Also came with 9mm slide/barrel and two extra grip modules. Haven't shot it yet. Thought it was a good deal.

16. triplestrong

sparc

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Friend of mine was issued one by his PD I shot it a few times. Thought the trigger was a bit heavy and and the gun is bulky but very accurate. That's a steal imo for a great pistol. Never heard a bad thing about them.

triplestrong likes this.
  18. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Good gun and that's a helluva deal. It has a long ass trigger pull but that's what you get with that style action. It's a great gun for self defense.

triplestrong likes this.
  19. triplestrong

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

The 250 is the hammer version (and precursor) to the Sig320. Barrels are the same. Compact 250 barrel is the same as a compact 320 barrel. The one modification you can have made is adding the short reset trigger.

If you can find it, you should also get the .22lr conversion kit. It gives a .22lr slide and 1 or 2 mags. Let's you practice with cheap ammo and get the same trigger feel.

Link to example: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/811473843

Overall you got a good deal.