1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Iran war.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, May 7, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We've done shady shit arming up the enemies of our enemies for a while now. Ho Chi Minh, Bin Laden, Saddam... Then we have to arm another different enemy of THOSE enemies to defeat the crackpot we previously armed.

And round and round it goes.

Awesome for investors in LMT & GD, though.

2. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

So true!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's basic tribal warfare. The religion is used to get others into your particular cult but overall is a moot point.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes. It was a very tribal/warlike region before, then Mohamed attached all of the "god's will" shit to it as justification.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. People keep trying to use religion as a reason why crazy people do what they do when it's the other way around. They're gonna do crazy, the excuse they wind up using is a moot point. Christianity isn't inherently evil because Jim Jones used it to convince more than 900 people to kill themselves and others.

cav115 and sheepofblue like this.
  6. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I know - I was only speaking about this case.

7. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Mattis was a real loss for the country when he resigned.

Iran is a no win situation in the short term. They want war and have for a long time but we can not look past what Iran is doing in multiple countries.

We have to protect Israel. There is no option on that. Iran is moving strongly to provoke war and if we don’t show a strong force now, we will puts boots on the ground and that will be WW3.

8. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It won't be WWIII, it'll be over in short order.

9. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Maybe. But then we end up leaving troops there for 30 years.

10. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

Troops never left. Iran is surrounded by the US.

I'm gonna blow in your eye and shoot you if you blink.

11. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

You guys think that if we got into it with Iran, Russia would just sit back and watch?

12. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Please explain

13. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That depends. Does Russia want to go war with the US? I highly doubt they do. I also doubt that Iran really wants to go to war with the US.

14. BHP41

It quite possible that they would send troops but not initially. They for sure wouldn’t just sit back and watch. Military support in all form but actual troops would be a given and in a big way. The goal for Putin would be to not help Iran but to bog the US down in another war in that region. It would be a boost for Russia’s economy so I’m sure they would welcome it. Those two factors alone are enough of a motivator to antagonize the situation. Which is why you have them in Venezuela right now.

15. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

We have several things happening currently internationally that worry me:

1. Trade war with China
    2. China building man made islands to control freight / trade in the north China sea
    3. Iran moving weapons of mass destruction around and we are sending a large military presence over
    4. Iran and China being allies
    5. NK shooting off more missiles
    6. We just seized one of NKs largest shipping vessels and busted them for sanctions violations of moving coal and heavy equipment
    7. NK and Russia being allies
    8. Russia and China being potential allies
    9. Russia getting involved with the shit storm in Venezuela
    10. Iran and NK being allies

Just seems like a big recipe for a shit storm

16. BHP41

We’re not going to nuke them. That’s ridiculous. To say that a war in Iran would be over in “short order” is being extremely naive to the history of the people in that region. They have produced exceptional beings through many different times in history. Arguably the most influential person in all of human history. Kurash. They have a storied history of the world and their spirit is only equaled by Americans and some parts of Asia.

code3ryder likes this.
  17. BHP41

In short. It is the only place in the entire region that holds values that are the same as ours. It is the safest place for all religions, freedoms for people and beliefs in an extremely theological region.

Without the US, Jews would have no place and would be killed in nothing short of a second holocaust. They are surrounded by regimes that wish for nothing more than to eradicate all Jews and are only held at bay by the knowledge that US would go to war over any invasion.

18. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

It seems a universal belief on the beeb is that the US should be more scared of Russia than NK, China, etc (which is fine and I'm not 100% against). That is opposite in this thread, "we'll just kick Iran's ass" without thinking about which "player 3" might enter the game.

19. BHP41

Most of that has been going on for 50+ years. Russia, specifically Putin is far from stupid.

NK, meh, Russia wants them only for their geographic location and what it causes us to do because of it.

Iran. This is the shit storm that’s been brewing for 35+ years. Notice that their proxies have become much more active since a big pile of cash landed in Tehran.

China. Man. Where to start.

20. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Plus you don’t just get to fight Iran. You get to fight every Muslim in the region at the same time.

I’m tired of American blood being shed on Muslim soil. Enough.

Steeltoe and code3ryder like this.