1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Benelli TNT 135

Discussion in 'General' started by TSAVO5150, May 5, 2019.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

They should call it the Mini Dong...

Phl218 and TurboBlew like this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

As long as you don't yapp on about using me as the model on such a small bike for advertising. I might get upset and have to murder you or some shit. I am thin skinned and easily offended and some jerks around here say I have a Napoleon complex but they're jerks and jealous of my great looks. :D

3. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

I just picked up a used Haibike Xduro RX29. Not as powerful as some of the Luna kits I've put on a few frames, but the torque-sensing mid-drive is a more cycling-ish experience.

That Apex is psychotic!

L8RSK8R likes this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

One of these was a showcase prize today on The Price is Right.

5. Michael J

Michael J Trackster and aspiring dirtbiker

I bought a used one. Great motor (soooo much better than my grom) and the 5sp trans fixes my biggest complaints about the grom. The gears are properly spaced and easier to keep the motor on the boil. Stock it is horriby undersprung and underdamped. You absolutely must ride with precision or the suspension will get away from you. But doesn’t that force you to ride better? The only thing you have to do before going track mad is raise the footpegs a s high as you can. This shortcoming is even worse than a stock grom.

it won’t be long before suspension tuning starts because there is tons or room for improvement.
    Jump to 16:38 for the benelli. You will notice i turn this bike slower than i do the grom in Claudios other clips. The suspension doesn’t yet tolerate faster direction changes. Or i should say i lack the precision to change direction faster without needing the suspesion to make up for the sloppiness. The bike has tons of potential.

this is a gokart track in Katy, TX. $350 a year. Ride as often as you can go there. Screw inflation…

stk0308 and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. Michael J

Michael J Trackster and aspiring dirtbiker

Bought one a few weeks ago. A used one. It has mods to the footpegs to move them up 2”. Without that it can’t finish a turn at the track. It can’t carve the racing line without dragging everything and even then you run off the track. The brackets to do the pegs are unobtainium though. I posted on youtube what they are, but unclear how to source replacements when I do something bad. Ground clearnace is no longer an issue though.
    The

Suspension is like a 1970s Cadillac on a speedbump. An adjustable shock from steadygarage has been ordered… I’ll report back in another week or so.

No one makes a cartridge folk kit for this i have found. please help if you know of any alternatives. Desperately needs it.

I rode a friends 135 trackbike at the TMGP endurance race last week. That bike had an ohlins shock and different fork oil and some spring spacers. Was still too soft. My current plan it to try 75wt oil in mine. Sounds insane but riding it as-is is equally insane. If a $15 bottle of fluid from amazon is the way forward, who am I to argue? I’m sure there will be a setup that works, it just isn’t readily obvious. I’ll share what I find.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  7. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine has one. I’ve ridden it and it’s a blast. He regularly rides it 30 miles back and forth to work daily. They are a lot of fun for the money.