1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Iran war.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Steeltoe, May 7, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Just a placeholder for when it starts.

One of the guests on Sofrep podcast last year said Mattis was the biggest obstacle to Trump taking us to war with Iran. Watch for Trump to remove him he said. I wish I could remember who it was on the podcast.

FFW several months from that podcast and Mattis is suddenly gone. FFW several months from Mattis leaving and escalation begins.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/air...cations-iran-planned-attack/story?id=62843182

I hope this is all wrong.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sand to glass. F’em.
    1B6496FD-303E-4414-A89F-711AB65B6B07.jpeg

Killswitch likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They keep poking the bear, sooner or later the bear will poke back.

BHP41 and Marid2apterbilt like this.
  4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Don't start none, won't be none.

Trump is not planning to go to war with anyone, that's ridiculous.

XFBO and jrsamples like this.
  5. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Trump just need to tell them "Don't f@#k with us because I promise you will end up being f$%&#d"!

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mattis seemed to think it was a stupid idea. That was the biggest conflict he had with Trump. He was the loudest voice against war with Iran. Still a tremendous loss having him gone.

I'll take James Mattis's judgement over Trump or any of his sycophants when it comes to war policy.

7. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Just to make it clear, trust me I'm not for the war BUT if someone wants to play that stupid game direct and clear message needs to be sent!

8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

What are our options?

9. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Hopefully it is just saber-rattling. But it does make me just a little nervous since I'm going to be in the region for two weeks starting Sunday and my son and grandkids there far beyond that time frame. Although if shit does go sideways I'm sure that all non-essential personnel will be flown out as quickly as possible.

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Send them more pallets of money so they can arm Hamas some more, seems 700 rockets didn't do much.

11. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

First war with Russian, then war with N.Korea and now war with Iran. I sure wish OMB would quit starting all these wars.

XFBO and blkduc like this.
  12. brex

brex Well-Known Member

The war with Mexico is far more important. Just bring troops back to the states and put them on our border. Enough of the whack jobs in that desert over there.

13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

War with Mexico? Meaning, war on drugs?

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

War. Mexico has been invading the US for decades. Time to reset the hierarchy.
    Contact the governors of Texas, Arizona and New Mexico and reimburse them the cost of calling up their national guard and deploy them at the border.

15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

HA.

Kyle602 likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

According to General "Mad Dog" Mattis, diplomacy. You should read about him.

It's still funny to me how many Trump ball lickers were cheering when Mattis was brought on and now act like he was no big loss.

SuddenBraking, Lawn Dart and 50Joe like this.
  17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Trump might not be but Bolton sure as hell would like to.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Cite please.

XFBO likes this.
  19. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

This, 100%

20. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Bolton is a hawk but Trump is not.

Trump is on a learning curve when it comes to dealing
    with military challenges but overall he is doing alright.
    I'm sure Trump has no desire to engage with Iran but they
    have to know he won't hesitate if they start something.

ducnut likes this.