1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Has The Service Been So Far?

Discussion in 'Sportbike Track Gear' started by Sportbike Track Gear, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

It took me quite a bit of time to put an order through that the purchase link Jimmy first sent me expired. Quick message and I get the same level of courtesy and speed I got the first time. Other sales guys would have probably responded hastily or rudely, not Jimmy. He da man.

SuperVan, never stop with those videos, insightful as ever.

Sportbike Track Gear likes this.
  2. Sportbike Track Gear

Sportbike Track Gear We sell some motorcycle stuff sometimes

Thanks for the business, it is appreciated. We are using a fixed pricing formula that works from the bottom up plus shipping that is just enough to hold a reasonable profit. If we were to absorb the shipping on these orders that would put many of the orders in the red which is a place no one wants to be. As I understand it Riders did charge shipping, they just did not include it as a line item like we do. - Van

3. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

So far so good! At this point I should change my direct deposit to go to STG instead of Wells Fargo...:D

4. wonderinwhy

wonderinwhy Well-Known Member

im glad you asked jimmy. your service has been stellar !... and terrible ! first the good. i have been out of raceing for a while, (31 yrs i think, i forgrt alot now-a-days). so i call STG on the phone. i mentioned the WERA helmut promotion and he says thats jimmys department, let me transfer you. to my surprise, emmediately a guy named jimmy picks up the phone. he talked and interacted with me for 10 min. jimmy is a real person, so lets squash the rummer that jimmy is a AI computer right now. we talked about helmuts and boots, than jimmy sets up an account right then and there on a computer while at the same time talking to me about raceing. four days later i had the new Arai and a pair of SIDIs for the feet. the Arai i knew would fit like an old friend, and it did. the boots fit perfectly and are built alot different than my old bates RR boots. these things are built like mottocross boots now-a-days. than a few days later i get an e-mail from STG saying i have a store credit. i order an alpinestar back and chest protector, type in CC number and the credit from STG automatically deducts from total. than four days later i have the merchandise. i looked around a bit before buying and will say that prices are more than fare. and a store credit ? its a no-brainer. STG/JIMMY are my guys. looking foreward to meeting you this summer jimmy. BTW, let me know when you get my AARP number attached to my account number for further discounts.
    now the terrible. i also ordered a race bike. the delivery went as usual, four days later i had it. thanks jimmy. but it arrived without the exhaust system. i was assured the problem would be fixed. four days later another delivery. it was another race bike missing an exhaust system. again i was assured the problem would be fixed. four days later another delivery. you guessed it ! another race bike with a missing exhaust system !!! now i have three race bikes without exhaust systems. i hope you can fix this for me jimmy. thanks in advance...Dave.

5. Mushman Racing

Mushman Racing Active Member

I continue to be impressed. I just got a new set of leathers from you. I had to exchange them because of sizing - and it was no problem or hassle. I'm real happy with them and can't wait to try them out. And last year you guys gave me some great Grattan tips before my first time at Grattan -- it is just nice to know that you're dealing with real enthusiasts.

6. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

In the last month or so I've made multiple orders of tires, master cylinders, tools, etc. Always quickly prompted with confirmation emails, tracking updates etc. Can't ask for any better. You're the only online retailer I've ever purchased from that rivals Amazon with accuracy on inventory, quick shipping, competitive prices etc etc. Makes STG so easy to use.

7. Sportbike Track Gear

I appreciate the business and the kind words in this post. This is one I will share with the whole team here at STG for sure. We are blessed with a group of solid, hard working people that get it done every day. Bar none this is the best version of STG, super proud to be a part of it! - Brian Van

8. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I had a question regarding the new setup...

In ye olde "Riders Discount" days, I would just ask on the (sub)board "What is your price on X?" or "Do you have X?" and I would get a quote PMed to me. Are we still doing that, or is it better to just go to the STG website for what is available at what price and just ask "other" questions here?

9. Sportbike Track Gear

If you have a question on pricing or anything else, just shoot us a PM here, or an email to [email protected] and we'll get right back to you! :)

-Jimmy

10. Werewolf1997

Werewolf1997 Well-Known Member

Exceptional! Jimmy is the man! I'll be placing another order this week.

11. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Another thumbs up - Jimmy has been beyond helpful on a complicated Helmet buy, thanks STG!!

12. yuengling910

yuengling910 Loose Cannon

Just bought a new Taichi suit from STG. Jimmy was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Suit is top notch and fits great. I ordered on Friday and it was on my doorstep when I got home from work on Monday. If anyone is in the market for new gear, hit up Jimmy and STG!

13. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

I went to place an order for a couple of very small things. Windscreen well nuts and Spiegler aluminum banjo bolts
    2 packs of Puig well nuts $26.50
    2 Banjo bolts $16.50

Shipping is $19.97! for Fedex
    $23.05 for USPS priority

Total weight for these would probably be 4 to 5 ounces. I realize you cant stay in business long shipping anything for free but a small priority USPS flat rate box is $7.50

14. Sportbike Track Gear

Hey, thanks for commenting. Did you attempt to place this order directly off of the site? I don't remember talking about these items with anybody from the WERA forum off-hand.

The shipping is way too high on this order 100%. It was due to the shipping dimensions being incorrectly configured on the Puig Well Nuts. I've corrected that. I will shoot you a PM with your price and the corrected shipping cost...thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Best,
    Jimmy

15. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

STG guys have been great. I'm actually working with Cody today who is getting me an AP rearset peg. I also ordered some other replacement parts last night, they are almost ready to ship. And I ordered 2 closeout lids few months ago and got them right away and got a $30 credit...

STG rocks!!!

TY Cody, Brian, and the entire team over there.....i'm getting dialed in baby!!!

Merica!!!

16. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

Hey STG, I need another shoei x14 bradley smith in medium, got anymore in stock, pretty plz!!!

17. Sportbike Track Gear

Unfortunately they are completely gone :( Shoot us a PM if you have other graphics you're into!
    -Jimmy

18. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

Spoke with Jake at STG last last Wednesday . Answered all my questions and took the time to BS about bikes at parts. Ordered my parts that day and even with the holidays I received my parts today via USPS. Shout out to Jake and the rest of the crew at STG. Great customer service and pricing.

Take care!

10-15

19. Hardluck700

Hardluck700 Well-Known Member

Jimmy’s been great. He has facilitated my addiction and allowed me to spend like a drunken sailor. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

I have still never met Brian, but Jimmy is AWESOME!!

You guys helped me build my 10R a few years ago, but Jimmy has been key in helping me repair and rebuild after a screw up back in April! He has been patient, helpful and without him it would've been a lot tougher! One more pair of gloves to return and at least one more key part he knows about, and she will be Daytona ready!

Thanks Jimmy!!!
    John