1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One on one rider coaching

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gmay99, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

I don’t believe I will be up in that area this summer. Unfortunately my work keeps me from traveling that far.

2. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Coaching available this coming Saturday at Road Atlanta.

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

You're not going to VIR?

4. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Nope, costs to much. Need sponsorship.

5. 2OLD2BFAST

2OLD2BFAST Well-Known Member

That sucks! Makes me wish I had money more than wanting it to buy your bike!

6. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

One on one Coaching available this Sunday or Monday at Jennings. Also any Jennings track day weekends January and February. PM for details or text at 678-997-1593

7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Dude out of curiousity... what does a day of TD with you cost ?

8. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

Depends on the track. Between $750 and $1000. Discounts for multiple days. Or multiple riders. Really depends on the exact wants/ needs. I’m flexible

9. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

ok...
    Daytona ? Friday

10. Lavana

Lavana The coming

What does one one one entail if lets say there's a group? Would it be best to go to a track that the trainee knows well or a new track ?

11. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

It really depends on the individual’s specific goals as far as the track goes. With a small group the riders need to be of similar abilities or they need to be split up. You could also say part of the coaching is consulting. Roadracing is very dynamic with lots of different key elements to it.

12. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

I’ll say that the 1-on-1 that I got with Geoff (was supposed to be two of us, but my buddy bailed) at Jennings was well worth the price! I’d say that the guidance and observations you get when working with a single person amplifies the results. Some said that my pace picked up quite a bit and I definitely noticed a difference in my thinking and technique.

Gmay99 likes this.
  13. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

It seems you were getting progressively quicker prior to Gmay coaching....i practically took the year off....i may not be able to hang. Plus i turned 50!!!! sigh

When's everybody going to Jennings...... Feb 8-10 or 15-17 next year?

14. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Yep, that’s when I’m going.

Nah... I’ve slowed after a gnarly crash, but I’m almost back to my usual lap times from the year past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

So you're going back to back wknds?

Man, i hadn't talked to nobody from the track this year....where/how/why did you go down? (Threadjack)

16. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Oops, I mean that first weekend. That’s when everyone else is going.

Kind of embarrassing kind of not... Vintage days, high-sided before Thunder valley, after it sprinkled a bit. It was a warm up lap too... I got a warning at Honda bridge and cooled the pace a bit, but clearly not enough...

So I’m not sounding like this is a thread jack, get some coaching with Geoff May so you don’t high-side like me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Damn and I was the one that bailed! LOL Still gonna get some time with Goeff at some point!

18. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

You’re still fast! Especially for an old guy [emoji6]

dobr24 likes this.