1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Side Jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by Trunxgp1224, Apr 30, 2019.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Little of this, little of that. Motor builds, decking heads/cylinders,valve checks, welding/Fab, a little plumbing and electrical. I have one or two, maybe three air piping jobs coming up. Those will be real good. Handyman type stuff pays good if you limit yourself to the right people(wealthy people).

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

3. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Help people move if you have a pickup truck and/or trailer.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Im going to need a long list of parties or events to attend if Im going to get the needed experience between now & next years AF1 GP party...lol (does a camera help with inspections??)

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’m a swimsuit model.

Wrap myself up for political reasons but I have pretty religious eyes.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  6. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Your avatar quote sounds very familiar to us old guys out west. That was one of Danny Farnsworth (aka“Pismo Pudgie”) favorite New Rider School quotes from the 80’s.
    RIP Danny.

7. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Lawn care professional. There's a boatload of people out there that are willing to pay $40 a week to mow their half acre lot. If you hustle you can do three an evening before dark. Plus (or minus) you still have access to the divorced milfs living in their ex-husbands McMansion.

cha0s#242, Phl218 and AC1108 like this.
  8. Phl218

Phl218 .

DIY

The money I save for having shit done right is what I don’t have to spend for a premium service provider.

9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Got a pickup? Dog shit scooper and part time scrap jockey.

Folks around DFW pay ~ $10 a week for someone to come pick up after their dogs... more if there's more than one dog, or an oversized yard.

Plus, while you're already driving a pickup around in these neighborhoods loaded with people who have more dollars than sense, you can pick up all the scrap crap they throw away. Cash money at the scrapyard.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I have 3 side hustles.
    1) I do AV rentals and set up for pharmaceutical sales meetings at local restaurants for evening dinners. Pays anywhere from $50-$150/night depending on distance to travel and amount of equipment used. I do anywhere from 1 to 10 per month. It’s about 5 minutes of ‘work’ and about 2 hours of sitting around (which gives me time to work on #2).
    2) My full time job is working for an entrepreneur in the franchise world. Part of my job responsibilities is assembling and presenting monthly reports to all of the franchisees in his region. For my side hustle, I do the same reports and presentation for one of his peers. Takes about 10 hours to do and it’s an extra $700/mo.
    3) Banquet bartender. Mostly weddings. $35/hr plus tips.

11. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

How'd you land your full time gig? I would love to do something like that on the "side".

12. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I laugh at them.

13. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Seems that you are just one blood test away from working for your Marine corp buddy.

14. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I do my day job, on the side, for private people. Manage an HVAC company, so on the side I do home HVAC installation. It's actually a major pain in the ass and I told myself I did the last one a month ago.

But when you are making 40% profit... Damn that cash looks enticing.

It's probably about 40 hours of work to do one job, but it's split up between initial visit, estimation, picking up materials/equipment, final check, and full weekend of install depending on the job.

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

16. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Mmm going to have to spend money this morning :bow:

GixxerBlade likes this.
  17. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Dumb luck. It was a ‘who ya know’ thing and lucky timing. Except for working at a franchise sub shop in college, I had no experience in franchising. I did 30 years in corporate America and I was in between jobs when I was talking to a friend at a party who said he needed help with his business. He’s always been an entrepreneur and did his own thing. He bought into a franchise where he’s a regional developer that owns the rights to a region and is responsible for selling franchise licenses and then providing ongoing support after the franchisees open their business. He is good at the sales part but not good with the structured part of the ongoing support side that includes a lot of project management type work and following structured processes and procedures. So, I do that for him.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

GixxerBlade likes this.
  19. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I still remember his warnings about turn 8&9 at willow. "Dont run off there. You'll be lucky if you end up able to feed yourself." Im sure his brutal honesty saved a few deaths and dozens from serious injury.

SundaySocial and ChemGuy like this.
  20. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I consult for a race track. :)