1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohvale’s now available in the USA

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by gpstar748, Sep 1, 2018.

1. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

Ya I'm 6ft with some long legs. I was not comfortable sitting on it. I need to try one before I judge it though. SFLMiniGP/SCMiniGP have some 110's and 160's to rent.

2. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Atlanta Motorsports Park has some mini racing racing recently. I wasn't able to go to the last one a few weeks ago but for some reason I was thinking I saw photos of at least one or two there. Not sure if they were racing , or if they have them in their rental fleet?

3. nsouza707

nsouza707 Well-Known Member

I believe that was SCMiniGP there. I race with SFLMiniGP. Same person runs both. They do have a rental fleet that includes a few 110 and 160 Ohvales.

gt#179 and 2wheeldev like this.
  4. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the honest and positive review!

There has been definite growing pains in bringing these over...mainly with demand being higher than expected and Ohvale just trying to keep up. Our shipper/customs broker has also not been the best so we’re in the process of switching right now.

Ohvale just moved to a bigger production facility and will be ramping up over the next 1-2 months as they get setup and hire another builder.

Thanks to everyone who has supported what we’re doing in trying to grow the sport from the bottom up here!

5. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Will you have any at vir by chance?

6. gpstar748

No sorry. Although if you swing by the N2 Racing pits (Suzuki SV650) they have my personal bike that you could see in person and sit on if you'd like...just tell them Brandon said you could stop by and see it. Ask for Rob Cichielo

7. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

I may do that for real!

8. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

B
    Just got my first pic today from el jefe -

Attached Files:

Tim_B730 likes this.
  9. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

GarrettRick, that looks awesome!

10. DeboRSV

DeboRSV Member

Ended up with a perfect setup for a comparison. Slightly smaller, but you can see the overall position isn't too far from a big bike.

http://imgur.com/gallery/XMOJhmM

gpstar748 likes this.
  11. Tkuhn19

Tkuhn19 Member

I think my wife took that picture of you at Sandyhook last weekend! I’m super jealous of your ohvale! It looks like a ton of fun. Maybe some day I’ll have one.

12. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Brandon, do you live on Country Club Rd.? I keep seeing a black Ohvale van parked there.

13. gpstar748

Noooo. Yes.
    :)

14. GarrettRick

Finally had a chance to turn some laps in anger on my 190
    I’ve got 4 days on it now - 4 hours total

I wish I was smaller , more flexible and in way better shape
    The build quality is top notch , it’s a legit mini sbk. I’m still coming to grips with what I can get away with as far as pushing the front . The turn in is stupid fast , the first few sessions I almost put it in the grass on the inside of the apex . It happens too often where I think “oops , should have been on the gas 5 feet ago .” It seems to work better the faster I’m going on it , I’ve yet to install the ohlins f & r so looking forward to that . My zip tie is still an inch from the bottom of fork travel ‍♂️
    I’m
    6ft 190 lbs . I struggle after about 6-7 laps of flat out . Biggest thing i notice is the arm workout vs leg workout on a big bike. My arms and hands are dying after a few laps , but I don’t know if that’s me being rusty or just nature of the beast . I’m still coming to grips with the body position , shifting and transitions. Shifting has been a struggle
    Because My knees and arms are fighting for the same real estate. On our local track I’ve been just bombing around in 4th the whole
    Lap . I feel huge on it ! It will
    Take some time, I feel like I’m riding it much “tighter “ than a 150r if that makes sense . Im not out of shape or backing it in or anything silly . It operates more on rails, to me . All in all , super happy with the purchase . Silly fun and hopefully can start collecting some expensive plastic trophies when I get my legs under me

TurboBlew and Senna like this.
  15. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

How are the ergos for you compared to, say, a Grom or XR100?

16. GarrettRick

Not sure against an xr100 but it is MUCH smaller than my grom . It makes the grom feel full size

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I hope to have mine soon, too. Can't wait to ride it and have some fun.

18. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Other than power, how does one of these compare to an NSR50? Has anyone here ridden/raced both?

19. gpstar748

No comparison in terms of performance...power, handling, and braking...

20. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Thanks Brandon.

Cartridge forks or damper rod? Linkage in the rear or straight shock? Meaningful suspension adjustment?
    How about chassis numbers?