1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America VIR what are your picks?

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Apr 22, 2019.

1. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Gerloff

P.J.

Rocco

Turner

oilslinger likes this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Not entirely sure I understand this rule. The number of bikes on the grid didn’t cause any issues at road a during the race. If anything it’s more of a pain in qualifying where no one can get a clean lap in and you have mixed speeds far more intertwined.

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's normally an insurance thing. Maybe not in this case but in others.

4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Elias Herrin, CB,
    Herrin, Elias, CB

Gillim, Fong, Kelly
    Fong, Gillim, Zayat

Gilbert, Lee, Mesa

2 Suzukis and a Duc on the podium. hopefully in that order

Rocco and Lochoff nose to tail with Rocco winning the drag race to the line. Daniels p3
    repeat in race 2 with Blackmon P3

From what I hear, the Yamaha R3 power up kit isn't all bells and whistles. The Yamaha guys got it right before Rd Atl and are still finding their way.

and why no KTM in Jr Cup??

5. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

So PC nowadays...

No Brakes likes this.
  6. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

it's my world...

t11ravis likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Every track is different. I'd put more bikes on Road Atlanta than VIR as narrow as VIR is. Our rule of thumb is 25 a mile and we adjust that based on each track as needed.

t11ravis likes this.
  8. Brain fart for me. Changing my twins pick to turner.

9. VIR is a very one line track compared to a lot of tracks where you could put more people on the grid so I can see the reasoning behind it. Qualifying in twins is going to suck ass for the fast guys.

10. tecknojoe

tecknojoe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm bummed there is no Friday activity. What's the reason behind the two day schedule?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cost cutting I believe.

13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Friday activity just happens Saturday morning. I think data showed that attendance was low on Fridays at some tracks so they are trying a 2 day event at tracks where they saw that lower attendance. Some tracks where camping and such were popular stayed as 3-day events. I think there was a thought it would reduce cost for teams too but not sure how that works out in practical terms.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only team cost reduced is a night of lodging and some food. That's a small part of a weekend budget so no real savings I'd think.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

For MA it's less staff, hotels, food, ambulance, track, admin costs, etc. I would think. And with next to zero peeps paying at the front gate it's a win for MA.

16. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Sure would be nice to have that extra session for the twins guys. Track time is limited already at a regular weekend. Guess that's the way it goes in the big leagues. Doesn't seem to be deterring entries, though....

r6boater likes this.
  17. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

what bike are you racing?

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The SV! Picking up my new toy there.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, those are the costs I was talking about. Not much for the teams in savings but could be a good amount for the sanctioning body.

20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

It’s the full “pro experience”, learn the track in 30 minutes and let er rip for qualifying! Lol....

Gino230 likes this.