1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audi R8 - Attainable Supercar?

Discussion in 'General' started by ryoung57, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

They'd be stupid not to follow the money. People are willing to part with large amounts of cash for large amounts of performance they aren't capable of using. That's not the manufacturers fault.

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Daughter said she had a guy come into the showroom Saturday and inquired if his 6'6" college football playing son would fit in the backseat of a 911. He was dead serious. She took him towards the Panamera's.

3. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Shit, at 6'6" he'd be hard pressed to sit in the front of a 911 or Panamera I bet. I'm 6'4" and I've accepted the fact that I'll never fit into certain cars, much less their back seats.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Send that idiot to the Chrysler dealership for a Pacifica.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  5. Manufacturers are driving toward automatics because they can program the transmissions to meet fleet fuel economy standards. That's a fact, jack.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

That's a smart man. Best vehicle ever :)

7. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

8. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

It’s in Kelowna to boot. Beautiful place!

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And emissions.

bored&stroked likes this.
  10. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

looks awesome! It has rusting issues, and that is the cancer of cars and could be a PITA to deal with.

12. zertrider

Who gives a shit. The smiles when you pull out of a cars and coffee event would be hilarious. Have to be there before anyone else to keep the suspense.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

I was trying to be nice, but it's also old. #justsayin :D

14. zertrider

<<<So is my '69 Camaro.

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Thought that was a Hot Wheels car :Poke:

:p

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

These cars have all had their reputations built on performance and not feelz. Old farts hated the ride and now they hate the new technology. Old farts ain't the ones who they need to market too though...

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Any being with legs if any length won't fit in the luggage compartment (aka backseat) of a 911 :crackup:

18. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

That might be the bigger jack fact.
    When GM still had manual trans trucks the revs would hang for a second after pushing in the clutch and drop to idle slowly, because emissions. Both standards set by gov are absurd and forced the manufacturers to do things they didn't want to, like CVT's.