1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Easter Worshippers”

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robby-Bobby, Apr 22, 2019.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

Of course! from the Kaaba! That explains it as far as i'm concerned. End of story.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Shalom.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

We're talking about eggs, not ski racing.

4. charles

charles The Transporter

Aleichem Shalom!

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It was a yolk son, a yolk.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Ah... Foghorn.

I guess the eggs came before the chicken, then.

Good to know.

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sounds relatively OK except I have something for you to consider:
    Utmost is adherence to the US Constitution.
    I want lobbyists abolished from DC.

1st: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Lobbyists are groups of people banding together to petition the government as stated in the 1st. THAT is not the issue rather it aggravates the real issues.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Step away from the keyboard. Simply just step away. LOL.

9. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

From Ambrose Bierce's Devil's Dictionary: Caaba, n. A large stone presented by the archangel Gabriel to the patriarch Abraham,
    and preserved at Mecca. The patriarch had perhaps asked the archangel for bread.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Maybe the rock was just very stale bread.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

just gettin started.png

12. In Your Corner

maybe not.png

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

and today may be one of those days.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

He’s slipping LOL

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But I'm still more entertaining than the corn cam.

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

You are right and I mentioned my error in a previous post. Maybe there could be a restriction on PAID lobbyists? IDK how to get corporations wallets out of politics but it's been way put of hand for a few decades.

17. In Your Corner

you might be.png

18. In Your Corner

It isn't the paid lobbyists that are the problem, it's the quid pro quo that's the problem.

sheepofblue likes this.
  19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Ding ding!

Wanna get the money out of politics? Get the overarching all-reaching control out of the government's hands.

sheepofblue likes this.
  20. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

The coloring of eggs is performed in commemoration of the event when the holy Mary Magdalene Mironosica (this is the girl who was with the Holy Mother of God, was constantly with Christ during his gigantic sufferings, and whom Christ first spoke after the Resurrection) traveled to Rome to preach Gospel, and visited Emperor Tiberius.

One legend says that when Mary Magdalene came to Rome to narrate the gospel, she also came to Emperor Tiberius. How the gift brought him a basket of eggs. The Emperor did not believe in the resurrection of Christ and said that it would be like when white eggs in the basket would change color. Mary Magdalene said: "Christ the Apostle," and all the eggs in the basket have become red.

According to the second legend, the inhabitants of Jerusalem mocked Christians that Christ did not rise, because it is impossible, as it is not possible for chickens to carry red eggs. The next year, on the day of the Easter, all the hens in Jerusalem were red-eyed.

The red color is a symbol of joy and resurrection, and the first red egg is kept until the next Easter as a "guardian", that is, the protector of the family.