1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F@cking scumbags - killed a rescue dog while burglarizing home

Discussion in 'General' started by Alex_V, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Happened to a co-worker this Monday. We work together, great person. Cathy and her husband just moved in the house a few weeks ago. She got home to find their house burglarized, adopted from a pound dog - shot/killed. I hope karma does them a full payback to whoever did this.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/home-broken-into-dog-shot-and-killed

I guess there is a small chance that a reward could get the bastards ratted out, or to motivate someone to come forward.

https://www.gofundme.com/toby039s-reward-fund

So much shit in this world that makes me angry.

2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

F*cking awful.
    Thinking out loud here...
    Who owned the house before them?
    I’ve done my share of burglary investigations most smash and grabs pricks won’t even go into a house if they hear a fig let alone go in armed and shot a dog. But stranger things have happened.
    Hopefully you have a good PD handling the investigation.

Ride safe,
    AAron

3. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Hope they get Wick’d.

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Hate to say it, but welcome to Dekalb County.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Was a good looking dog, RIP pup.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

7. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

This is a fear of mine. Hopefully the fact that my two will bark their heads off will keep anyone from actually trying to break in. John Wick would look like Florence Nightingale if I ever caught them.

crashman likes this.
  8. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

John Wick would look like John Wick.
    Unless you're Hannibal Lecter.

Those assholes are so going to get it one day.

9. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Happened in a pretty good neighborhood, in a nicer part of DeKalb.

10. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Have to wonder what side of the law you would end up on if someone shoots your dog, and they end up shot in return. I would hope you are in the clear if such was to happen on your property, but if prosecution was to argue that you had an opportunity to retrieve. I am not 100% sure about the "stand your ground" law in Georgia. I am hoping it exists in this state. It would be nice to get some sort of gun laws booklet when they give out conceal carry permits.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Not to get all dungeony, but the problem with that is that law isn't static, and law as it is applied has more to do with precedence than statute.

12. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

I thought the whole point of having laws is that they are static and boundaries are defined, not a "if then" relationship. That said, I am no lawyer.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's simple, if they are willing to shoot your dog they are willing to shoot you and you should be in fear for your life. If they happen to be facing away well, it sucks in dim lighting and you being freaked over shots fired in your home.

flygirl and Steady T like this.
  14. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yeah, I'd have to agree that once someone starts shooting all bets are off.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

No, the point of having laws is that they're put in writing and have the force of government behind them.

Subject to change via the legislative or judicial process, making the "these are the laws on lawful use of a firearm" cards suggested a ginormous liability to whomever printed them and someone unaware violates the current laws based on what they "used to be".

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I can't imagine shooting an ARMED intruder IN your home would lead to any problems, esp in a pro-2A State like Ga.....

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Oh, there is no doubt that my subsequent actions would fall on the wrong size of legal. I don't think torture is legal at any point, so....

crashman likes this.
  18. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Mongo makes a great point here.
    It will all come down to how you present: the scene, your state of mind, etc, etc everything becomes a factor. In other words your justification for deadly force.
    Even in a completely justified shooting I would never make an immediate statement beyond “I feared for my life I would like to speak to an attorney”.
    I could give tons of examples of how people (even law enforcement) were involved in a justified shooting but talk themselves into legal or civil issues because they can’t wait to tell their version and haven’t taken time to actually remember what happened.
    Make no mistake I’m not implying anything illegal here it’s just that studies show that after a traumatic incident you can’t recall things correctly all the time.

Ride safe,
    AAron

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

What pisses me off the most is that there would be all sorts of bleeding heart idiots clamoring about the rights you violated if you did make the scumbag suffer like they should before they slowly died...
    The worst part is that it is hard to spin stabbing mig wire under someones fingernails and thru assorted soft parts as "I feared for my life" so you would have to think of a better cover story. :D

20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

No doubt, hell, they clamor all the time in JUSTIFIED shootings.

DucatiBomber and crashman like this.